Chapter Seven

I wake up with a gentle kiss to my cheek, sleepily I turn my head and see who it is.

Cole is leaning over me with a huge smile, "sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

I notice the room is really dark, "no it's fine, what time is it?" I ask as I yawn.

"Twenty past five, I have to go to work" he smiles as he pushes the hair of my face.

"Have fun Dr Freeman" I grin as I snuggle back down into the warm bed.

Cole smiles back as he leans down and kisses my head, "I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too" I whisper back as my eyes flutter close.

When I open my eyes the room is a lot brighter, I look at the clock on the bedside table, its a little after seven am.

I slowly get up, put Cole's shirt on and walk to Em's rooms to wake her up.

"Emmy, time to get up, you have school" I say gently.

Emily just moans and turns over. "To tired! Let me sleep!" she whinges.

"Okay Em, I will let you sleep for half an hour then you have to get up" I smile as I kiss her cheek.

I take out her outfit for today; red summer shorts, short sleeve white t-shirt and black flats, and lay them on the chair near her bed.

I look around her room for something to do. Spotting her school bag I remember I have to make her lunch.

As I walk to the kitchen, I notice a photo of Cole, Kim and Em when she was only a few months old.

I frown when I look at her beautiful face, even after all these years it hard to believe she is gone.

When Cole brought her to my house for the first time when he was seventeen my little eight year old heart was broken.

I wanted to hate her but as the day went on I realised she was amazing and had such a kind, warm nature.

When I heard she died in a horrible car accident, I cried for days.

She was like a big sister to me and it not only killed me because she died but also seeing Cole bawl his eyes out, that's what killed me the most.

I wipe a fallen tear away and continue to the kitchen to make Emily's lunch, pack her school bag and tidy up the kitchen.

While I'm making the lunch I put the radio on and dance around the kitchen with a slice of bread in one hand and a butter knife covered in a thin layer of butter in the other hand.

When I finish with the kitchen I go upstairs and have a quick shower. Unfortunately when I get out of the shower I remember that I don't have any clothes, only the one I wore here and I stupidly put them in the laundry after I made Emily's lunch.

I mentally scream as I stand shivering with just a towel wrapped around me. I quickly run to Cole's room. Because my feet are wet I slide and slip multiple times.

When I reach his bedroom I walk to his walk in wardrobe and open it.

"Oh my god!" I squeal.

I look through his clothes and find suits, button down long sleeves shirts, pressed black pants that will match it perfectly and all sorts of "damnn"clothes.

I can't believe he has this type off wear and never wears it. I make a mental note to tell him, he has to do a fashion show for me one day.

I finally find a pair of track pants that are huge on me and a iron man t-shirt.