Chapter Thirty-four

Yesterday Cole left around two to pick up Emily whilst we all stayed at the hospital.

We both agreed not to tell her about Antony, not wanting to scare her or worry her.

After all Antony is going to be fine. Just feeling a bit sick and a constant head ache. But that can be fixed with medication.

Tomorrow Cole will come back and hopefully Antony can be discharge.
Mum spent the whole time worrying about where we are going to live.

Father owns all the money so we can't go to a hotel. Julian's house isn't big enough plus he already has two little sisters living with him.

When I told Cole about mum's worries he instantly offered his house. Antony and I jumped at the opportunity however mum was more hesitant.

Saying she didn't want to be a bother. After Cole finally reassure her that both he and Emily will love them to live there, mum finally agreed.

So we all are going to live with Cole including Julian on some days.

With that worry settled Mum, Julian and I all eventually fell asleep in own areas around Antony's hospital room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I open my eyes I imediantly notice how sore my body is. As I stretch my back cracks feeling me with a slight sense of relief.

Sleeping on a arm chair is not good for your body; one lesson learnt so far. Well speaking back to a Leader will make your head sore; so two lessons learnt.

Everyone is still asleep so I sneak over to the door and quietly open in. I need a drink of anything, my throat is so dry plus there is a cafe down the hall.

I'm going to surprise everyone with breakfast and yesterday before Cole left he said to buy whatever and put it on his account.

Near the front desk is a little coffee and tea room patients and their families go in and grab free drinks. (The C&T room) Hopefully there is orange juice I'm craving it like crazy!

I smile to the receptionist as I go past. The C&T room is very welcoming with sunlight yellow walls, a white tile floor, and dark blue couches but that could because of the smell of coffee.

Weird because I don't even like coffee. As I search through the fridge for milk and orange juice I feel a gently tap on my back.

I turn around expecting to become face to face with my family or Cole or even another patient or doctor but instead I turn around to face my father.

My jaw drops as I stare at him with wide terrified eyes. I back up and walk backwards until I can't; my bum hits the kitchen bench.

"Victoria please don't be scared of me" my father begs.

"You're kidding right!? You slap me across the face and put Antony in hospital. You should be in jail!" I yell at him.

He takes a step back, shocked over my loud outburst.

"I'm so sorry for that please let me explain" he begs.

I know I should push past him, tell him to get fucked and leave but his tone of voice stops me. He sounds so..sad?

"You have five minutes before they realise I'm gone and come looking" I lie.

Father gives me a small smile as we walk over and sit on the couch. We just sit for a minute with him hunched over and looking at his feet.

"Victoria I am so sorry for hitting you and this makes not excuse but I did it because I was scared.

You did something dangerous, as a girl you could be severely punished and sent away and have god knows what done to you.

At the meeting I had with the leaders I almost lost you. I had to pull all sorts of strings to kept them from taking you away.

I know it doesn't seem like it Victoria but I do love you, your brother and your mum. I'm distant because I have to be, I'm protecting you, all of you.

To kept you from being sent away the leaders compromised saying you have to marry Robert the weekend after you turn eighteen" father finishes close to tears.

I just look at him unable to speak. Finally I find my voice as I fill with anger.

"If the last seventeen years old my life was you showing me your love, you can shove it, I don't want it.

The last week I have felt such love I didn't know existed and none came from you" I say as I stand up.

I walk over to the door but before I walk out I turn my head back, "you had something most people will kill for; a beautiful and loving wife, a son who will do anything to protect the ones he loves and accepts everyone and a daughter who even when her parents treated her like dirt she still saw their goodness. And you completely ruined in. We all hate you. Live with that" then I walk out the door with my head held high.

It doesn't matter if he was scared or not he had no right to touch Antony. My whole life Antony protected me, it's my turn. I feel strong, powerful as I walk down the halls to Antony's room.

When I enter Antony's room everyone is awake.

"Where did you go?" Antony asks.

"No where just for a walk" I smile.

"Anything interesting happened?" Mum asks as see looks up from the card game she is playing with Julian.

"No, nothing at all."

Vote 👍✔️

Comment🔝📝

Questions-same question as before
Has your perspective of her parents especially her father changed?