Chapter Forty

When I finally manage to stop crying the meeting was nearly finished. I keep my head buried in his neck for a few minutes.

I don't want anyone too see me crying or know that I've been crying.

"Robert are my eyes red?" I whisper.

Robert looks down at me and cups my cheek as he looks into my eyes.

"No they are fine, still beautiful" he smiles at me.

I just smile at him. I look over at the stage and see the leaders walk of the stage. The meeting is over.

We wait until everyone leaves before we move. I look over and see mum and Antony has stayed at well. Also father and leader Dale and Mary.

"Great, just great" I mumble as they all walk towards us.

Father awkwardly has his hand resting on mum's lower back. Mum is so tensed up she looks like a surf board.

Robert takes my hand and pulls me up with him as he stands. Leader Dale death stares me but Mary is smiling at our conjoined hands.

Antony has the biggest disgusted scowl on his face as he avoids looking at everyone including me.

"I'm shocked to hear your mother and brother hasn't heard about your engagement to Robert" Leader Dale frowns.

Mum and Antony tense up and Antony glares at Leader Dale then Robert then settles on me. He is pissed.

I say nothing as I look my father straight in his eyes. To my surprise he drops his gaze.

"I asked her to keep it quiet" Robert says as he squeezes my hand.

I just look at him and say nothing. Seeing this isn't getting anywhere leader Dale nods then holds his wife's arm and they walk off.

"I want you three moving back in" Father says.

Both Antony and I shake our heads no.

"I wasn't asking" father frowns at us.

"We're not moving back in with you, no matter who you force me to marry" I say as I let go of Robert's hand and walk over to Antony.

I hold Antony's hand as we start walking towards the door. We stop walking and turn around when we don't hear mum following us.

Mum is standing next to father holding his hand. Both mine and Antony's eyes widen. What is she doing?

"Mum lets go" Antony says.

"I don't think she is coming" I whisper as mum tighten her grip on Father's hand.

Antony scrunches up his features as he quickly turns around and walks off. Our hands are still connected so he is dragging me out with him.

"Antony! Stop dragging me! Plus we don't have a car" I say once we are outside.

"We will walk then and no I'm not letting you go so you can do a mum and run back to him and your fiancé" Antony spat.

"You think I had a choice? In case you just tuned in. Me equals female equals I have no control over my life! Plus I think mum has to stay with father do I have to explain the whole women belong to their husbands?" I snap back.

"You don't love Robert?" Antony asks.

"No!" I yell.

"Then why were you snuggling into him?" Antony scowls.

"I was crying! I didn't want anyone seeing" I say.

Antony face falls, "really?"

I just nod. Antony wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. I mould into him.

"Do we really have to walk? Cole's house is so far away" I whinge.

"Na I texted Julian he is at the diner with our friends. We just have to walk there."

With an annoyed huff I follow Antony who has walked off. We walk in silence to the diner and five minutes in I hold his hand and he tightly squeezes it back.

"Are you going to tell Cole?" Antony asks.

"About the engagement? No. It won't happen until I'm eighteen so I have a ten months" I say.

"Then what?" Antony frowns.

"Then I will be a legal adult and Cole, Emily and I can leave" I smile.

"Sounds great, what if they make you marry before you're eighteen?" Antony asks.

"They can't make me marry that young but if they do I will leave with you and move to the city" I smile.

Antony lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Sounds like a plan Sis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the meeting?" Cole asks as Antony, Julian and I walk up to the front door.

Antony and I share a look before I answer.

"It was ok as far as those meetings can go" I say as I force a smile.

Cole just nods as I walk into his opens arm. I stay snuggles into him as Antony and Julian sneak past us.

"Em is asleep, don't wake her and lock the door" Cole winks at them.

They both laugh, wink back and hold hands as they quickly rush upstairs.

"Are you alright?" Cole asks as he kisses my forehead.

"Yeah I'm ok, a lot better now" I smile as I close my eyes and breath in his scent.

"Cole?"

"Yes Victoria?"

"I love you, more than everything. No matter what happens remember I love you" I whisper.

Cole pulls back and leans down so we are eye level. He looks me in my eyes.

"Nothing will happen, we are forever. You are my forever Victoria and I love you. You're my world" Cole says as he cups my cheek.

I just smile at him and look at him through my eyelashes as my tears fall. Cole gently wipes the away as he leans down and gently kisses my lips.

I kiss him back passionately. When he pulls back, Cole wraps his arms around my lower back and I wrap my arms around his sides, under is arms and link my fingers together behind his back.

I vow to myself right now, I will never hurt Cole and I will find a way to be together. I will not marry Robert!

Vote ✔️👍

Comment 🔝📝

Question- Cole or Robert?