One hundred and thirty-eight

The next morning, Micah and I'm up and ready before eight the next morning.

Yesterday when I had my nap, I woke up two hours later and Robert had Micah so I stayed in Emily's room writing in my diary about Cole still referring him to "SM"

I've told dad and Robert that I'm taking her to Kendall's to spend the day together. Neither know that I'm sneaking off to Cole's.

Antony is driving us and he is waiting on my bed with Micah in his arms for me to finish packing Micah's bag.

"I've got bottles off breast milk in the cooler bag but if Kendall wants to nurse her than she can. I haven't attempted the bottle yet so I'm not sure if she will take it or not" I tell.

"Sis I've got this. I know how to look after her plus I have Kendall. She's had three kids, she's basically an expert now" he smirks.

"I know but" I frown, chewing my lip.

"It's the first time you've been without her. I know but she will be fine" he smiles encouragingly at me.

I just nod my head and zip the bag up, "ready."

"Finally!" he smirks as he gets off the bed still with Micah in his arms.

We make our way downstairs and say goodbye to everyone. I notice dad isn't there.

Pushing him out of my head, I follow Antony outside and to the car. Whilst I get in, Antony puts Micah in her car seat.

"Let's go!" Antony grins at me as he gets into the driver seat.

We get half way to Kendall's when Micah starts crying. I reach around in my seat to look at her.

"Where did you put her dummy" I ask feeling around her.

"I thought you had it" he frowns pulling the car over.

"Antony!" I growl, "it was on the bed next to you. We have to go back and get it."

"Alright. It's not like Cole can't wait for a bit" he smiles as he turns the car around and heads back home.

"He could change his mind about talking to me" I frown chewing my lip.

"I don't think he would do that" Antony says.

"How often do you two talk?" I ask.

"Everyday" he says looking at me before turning his attention back to the road.

"Everyday?" I repeat in shock.

"Cole and I have spoken everyday since Julian went away" he says quietly. He still can't say the words dead or passed away.

"I'm not mad at you. I can't control who you talk or not. I don't own either of you" I say holding his arm.

He gives me a quick smile then turns into our driveway. Once he parks, I open the door.

"I will be right back. Can you soothe her" I smile as I step out of the car.

"Well duh" he smirks already unbuckled his seatbelt.

I just smile then turn on my heel and walk into the house. Mum and Robert are in the kitchen, I can hear them talking about the meeting that was suspiciously canceled late last night.

Ignoring them I hurry up the stairs. The meetings are not my business and I'm going to stay clear of the Leaders.

As I hurry down the hallway towards my bedroom, I notice the door to my old room is wide open.

Odd.

I swear I closed it last night and it wasn't open when I left just ten minutes ago.

Walking past the open door, I have a quick look in. I'm surprise to see a person's shadow on my cream coloured carpet.

I stop walking and stick my head in. I'm even more surprised to see father sitting on my bed with his head buried in a book.

What is he doing? I sneak up and look over his shoulder. When I see what he is reading my blood runs cold.

HE IS READING MY DIARY!!!

I take a step back in both shock and fear and try to sneak back out but I walk into something, making it fall.

It's Micah's baby book with a glass of water from last night on top. They come crashing down, the sound sounds like gunfire even though in reality they aren't that loud.

Father quickly looks around and stares at me. I watch his eyes narrow and harden as he stands up and stomps over.

"Is this true?" he screams in my face as he raises the diary and waves it.

I just look at him in fear. My whole body shakes. What part did he read??

"What does this mean? I look at my beautiful little girl and wonder if I will ever tell her the one she will call daddy isn't actually her father" he yells as he reads.

Still I say nothing.

"Or this? When SM saw Micah, I saw him break inside. I know he wants apart of her life but he just can't. No one can know Micah is his child" he continues.

Finally I speak up. I don't want him to read anymore

"The baby isn't Robert's" I whisper as tears fall down my cheeks.

"What? I kept you well guarded. Who? I don't understand" father says confused.

"Who is the father Victoria" father demand as he grabs my shoulders.

I look up at him as my lip quivers.

"Cole, Cole is the father."

Dad open and closes his mouth. He is in complete shock. His legs buckle and he falls back on the bed.

"Cole?" he finally says.

I just nod, not trusting my voice.

"As in my childhood best friend, basically your uncle and twenty-eight years old best friend" dad says, his voice rising as he stands up.

I just nod my head yes as tears fall down my checks.

"Who knew? Does Robert know Micah isn't his child?" he demands.

"Yes. Everyone knew" I whisper unable to look him in the eye.

"Was it a one off?" Dad asks.

I shake my head no and look at him, "I was in a secret realtionship with him and I'm in love with him" I finally admit.

Dad just looks at me. He takes several deep breathes in. I still have tears rolling down my cheeks but dad doesn't speak.

Finally after five minutes he looks at me, "no one will know about this Victoria. No one. Everyone that does know, will never tell anyone. Micah is Robert's and that's that" he says looking in my eyes, "and I forbid you from ever seeing Cole and Emily again."

Vote ✔️👍🏼

Comment 🔝📝

319K reads

Author's Note

Once I've finished publishing the book, I'm going to go through and completely re-read and edit it. I was reading the first few chapters and they are a bit rushed in my opinion, though I did first write it over two years ago and my writing techniques have dramatically improved over the two years