Chapter Forty-Five

I chew my fingernails the whole way home. It doesn't help when father is fuming next to me.

Why was Cole at my house...? Oh crap! He was picking me up! I forget to tell him not to come. I sneak a look at my father again.

Will he find out about about Cole and I? Will he find out we are a couple? Oh my god! Will he find out Cole and I are having sex!?

I feel the colour drain from my face. Father happens to look over now and catches my terrified face.

"Hey, I'm sure they are both ok" he smiles at me.

I just nod as I look out of the window. I swallow the bile that threatens to spill out as we pull into the driveway.

Hesitantly I get out of the car. Dragging my feet I follow my father inside. We walk into the living room where everyone is.

Antony and Julian are leaning against the wall. Robert has ice covering his eye. Mum is tending to Cole's bleeding lip.

I take a step towards him but stop myself. I look between him and Robert. Both are beaten up pretty badly.

I sneak a look at father, he is fuming. Literally radiating with anger. Everyone sense this and looks at their feet.

"What the hell? Why were you two fighting?" he yells at them.

Robert and Cole avoid his gaze. Father just death stares them, waiting for one to cave.

"Leah try explaining" father asks mum.

"I don't know. I came into the living room from the kitchen when I heard things smashing" she says.

"Antony? Julian?"

Both shrug their shoulders.

"Who hit first?" he asks.

"I did" Cole says looking at me.

I just narrow my eyes at him and then look away.

"Cole care to explain?" Father demands.

Cole bites his lip forgetting its spilt and whinges. I bite my own lip to stop it from quivering.

"Robert, you and I will be discussing this later. Cole leave I will talk to you tonight" father snaps.

Cole gets up and walks out. I watch him go.

"Victoria go with him and make sure he is alright" father says.

I notice Robert tense up. I just ignore him and follow Cole but by the time I exit the house Cole is driving off in the distance.

I walk back into the house, no one has moved.

"Cole is gone" I frown.

"I will drive her" Julian offers as he takes my hand and drags me out of the door.

"Holy shit there is nothing but drama in your family" Julian says once we are in his car.

"Tell me about it, why didn't Antony come?" I ask as I buckle my seat belt.

"Just in case Robert tells yours father. Antony and your mum will stop him" Julian says as he reverses the car.

"How?" I ask.

"Antony will listen to them talk and warn Leah and Leah will set of the fire alarm or something" Julian says.

I release a breath and smile. Until I remember what just happened.

"So why were Cole and Robert fighting?" I ask.

"Honestly I don't know. By the time Antony and I got down stairs Cole had Robert in a chokehold against the wall then Robert twisted around and punched Cole in the lip, hence the spilt lip. But my guess Tori they were fighting over you" Julian says.

I sit back and frown. It's not like Cole to go around throwing punches. What the hell did they talk about?

Before I can think into it, Julian pulls into Cole's driveway. His car is parked in front of the garage.

"Thanks Julian" I smile as I get out once the car has stopped.

"No problem Tori. Keep your phone near because we will text you if your father knows about you and Cole" Julian warns.

"I will Julian, thank you again" I smile as I close the door and run to the house.

I open the front door and walk straight in. I find Cole hunched on the couch, his hands covering his face. I hope he isn't in pain.

I kneel before him. One hand in his knee and the other cupping his jawline.

"Cole?" I whisper.

Cole slowly lifts his head up and looks at me. So many emotions on his face. Sadness, anger but mostly betrayal.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Robert are engaged?" Cole asks.

I expected him to sound more angry but he sounds so hurt and defeated. Tears pool in my eyes.

"Because I didn't want you to worry. I'm not actually going to marry him but I have to play the doting fiancé or I will be taken away. I'm so sorry Cole I should have told you but I was so scared you would leave me" I cry.

Cole takes me in his arms and holds me tightly. I snuggle into him as cry. I hated keeping secrets from him and now they are in the open time to confess to them all.

"Robert and I kissed twice" I start when I notice Cole tense up, "the first time was on the balcony the night you stayed over.

We kissed for a minute then I pulled back. Thats why I was so depressed that night. I wanted to tell you but I didn't want you to start a fight.

The other time was yesterday at Antony's dinner. Leader Dale and Mary were behind us, so I had to kiss him" I finish.

"You should have told me" Cole says as he pull back and looks into my eyes.

"I didn't want you to hate me and leave me" I cry as tears roll down my cheeks.

Cole wipes the tears away with his thumb. He gently rubs my cheek as he looks dotingly at me.

"I will never hate you and leaving you? I rather die than be without your love even for half a second" Cole smiles at me.

I just smile as I awkwardly sniff loudly. Cole gently laughs. He cups my face with both hands.

"Victoria Evans I will forever love you no matter what, just no more kissing guys. Deal?" Cole smiles at me.

"Deal" I laugh.

The End....
(Turn the page)

Kidding! Of course-new chapter next Wednesday ,so show the love and vote and comment