One hundred and twelve

*six months pregnant*

I'm meeting Josh for lunch today. It's been five days since he first messaged me.

He has texted me since; just general conversation like how am I and how's Bub. I wanted to ignore him but I couldn't help replying.

No one knows I'm meeting him. I think mum would have a heart attack. And no one else knows who Josh is.

I caught the bus to the diner. Even though Robert is home I don't want to explain who Josh is or why I meeting him.

It doesn't take too long to reach the diner as I walk up towards it my hands start to sweat and shake. I really don't want to do this, I somehow feel like I'm betraying my father.

Once I reach the door I lift my shaking hand and open it. I look around the diner looking for Josh.

As my eyes travel around the diner Josh's familiar brown eyes catch mine. He grins widely at me and he waves me over.

I take a deep breath in and start walking over. Damn he really looks like Antony, especially now he has had a hair cut since I've last seen him and its very similar to Antony's.

"Hey Victoria! It's so great to see you. And wow! You're glowing and your bump is so big now" he grins as he stands up.

Before I can say anything Josh hugs me. I stiffen up for a second before hugging him back.

"Hey Josh. Yeah great to see you as well. She getting big and she loves to kick mummy's kidneys" I smile as I run my hand over my belly.

Josh grins at me. We sit down at the table across from each other.

"She? You're having a girl?" he grins.

I just smile as I nod my head yes.

"How have you been?" he asks.

"Great! It's been a rollercoaster for a while but everything has thankfully calmed down" I smile as I grab a menu and pretend to study it.

"How was Italy...it was Italy yeah?" I ask.

"It was Italy for a few weeks but I've been living in Germany" Josh smiles, "and it was amazing. I love Europe, it's so different from here. Have you ever been?"

"No. I've only been around here and my fiancé Robert, my daughter Emily and I went to China. That was awesome" I grin.

"You already have a daughter?" he frowns.

"She's kinda my step daughter in a way" I say.

"So she is Robert's kids?" Josh asks.

"No. More like step daughter for him as well. Emily is my father's best friend's daughter and we're really close. Whilst her father was ill Robert and I looked after her and she started calling me mum" I say, not the whole truth but not a complete lie either.

"That's nice" Josh smiles.

"Now I don't want to be rude Josh but why are we here?" I ask.

"You said Leah told you everything about me and her" Josh says.

"Yeah?" I question.

"Did she tell you we saw each other. Even when she was married" he asks.

"Yeah. I think she bumped into you at the shops" I say as I try to remember.

Josh frowns as he releases a sigh.

"You know for awhile I thought you were mine" Josh hints.

"Why did you think I was yours? You and mum weren't together when I was conceived" I frown.

Realising what he said Josh avoids looking at me.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

Josh still doesn't look at me instead he focuses on the wall behind me.

"Josh answer me. Why did you think I was yours? What happened?" I demand my voice getting higher.

Still Josh says nothing. My eyes widen as I realise.

"Did you sleep with my mother when she was married to my father!" I yell standing straight up and banging my hands on the table.

Everyone has their full attention on me now. Josh finally looks up. His eyes are full with shame.

"You slept with my mother?" I say dumbfounded.

"You helped my mother who already had a baby, cheat on her husband!" I yell angrily.

"You're fucking disgusting. You both are. My father wasn't the perfect husband but he was forced into the married just like she was. And yet you blame him when it was their parents" I continue.

I'm so angry I feel like I'm going to punch Josh, right in his face. Instead I turn on my heel and walk out of the diner.

"Victoria, wait!" Josh calls as he follows me.

I ignore him as I continue walking. I really wish I could run but with this belly I can only power walk.

Josh only follows me to the exit of the diner. I continue walking until I reach the bus stop.

Thankfully the bus will be here in a few minutes. When I get home mum has some serious explaining to do.

Vote 👍🏼✔️

Comment 🔝📝

238K reads!!!