One Hundred and Thirteen

*six months pregnant*

Thankfully when I get home there isn't any cars. So mum is home alone. I stomp straight into the kitchen where I can smell and hear her cooking.

"Good you're home, I need your help with prepping dinner. We are having roast-" mum starts until she turns around and sees me.

"Honey what's wrong?" she frowns.

"I just met up with Josh" I say crossing my arms.

Mum's jaw drops, "what? Why?" is all she can manage to say.  

"Because he wanted to talk. Before I go into details of what he said, I want you to tell me everything you've been hiding" I say staring right into her eyes.

Mum just looks back until she drops her gaze and sighs.

"I haven't been completely honest with you Victoria" mum frowns using my full name.

I don't say anything as I wait for her to continue.

"When Antony was two months I secretly met up with Josh so he could meet his son. I never told him that Antony was his though for obvious reasons.

We met up at his hotel and once Antony fell asleep one thing led to another and we slept together" mum starts.

"You cheated on dad!" I snap.

Even though Josh technically already said they did, hearing it from mum makes it real.

I was hoping Josh was lying. My anger builds and I clench my fists and dig my nails into the palm of my hands.

Mum just looks down at her feet and doesn't say anything.

"How dare you!? I get he wasn't the best husband but he like you had no control over marrying you.

Not only did you lie to him saying Antony was his son but you cheated on him as well!

How fucking dare you! This whole time I disliked him and I should have been hating you" I yell as I start to walk away.

"Victoria I'm not done. A month after Josh and I got together. I found out I was...pregnant" mum says leaving the sentence hanging.

I turn back to look at her and just stare blankly at her. After a few seconds my eyes widen as I realise.

"Are you saying its possible I might be Josh's" I whisper in shock.

Mum just nods her head. She walks towards me and goes to hug me but I push her away and back off.

"Don't touch me! I can't...I can't.. I just can't. I'm my father's daughter. I don't care what you say. I'm not a child conceived through cheating and lies" I say as I turn around.

As soon as I turn I smack bang
into dad's chest. My eyes widen as I look at him. How much did he hear?

Vote ✔️👍🏼

Comment 🔝📝

240K reads!!!