Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Emily squeals as she jumps up and down the on the bed.

Cole and I groan and ignore her. Emily stops jumping for a few seconds and stands still.

We hear her giggle then wham! Emily catapulted on top of us making us gasp and sit straight up. Cole got most of the hit though.

"Thats it! You have awaken the monster!" Cole says as he pulls her close and starts tickling her.

Emily's laughter fills the room making me smile from ear to ear. Cole continues tickling her for another half a minute then stops.

They just grin at each other as Emily moves up and snuggles into him.

"You're so funny daddy" she laughs.

"Well I was trying for mean I guess I failed" Cole smiles.

Emily just giggles, "did you have fun at the party!"

"Daddy had fun not sure about mummy though" Cole says as he smiles at me.

"I did have fun, I'm just not use to staying out that late. We didn't get home until two in the morning" I yarn.

"I will get nana to make daddy coffee and mummy orange juice" Emily smiles as she quickly gets of the bed and runs out of the room.

I move over to Cole and snuggle into him. Cole wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

"Can life get anymore perfect?" He sighs with a huge smile on his lips.

I just smile until I remember the engagement to Robert, I have to tell Cole.

The thought makes me feel sick in the stomach.....actually I really do feel sick! I quickly jump out of bed and run to the bathroom.

I barely make it before I throw up into the toilet. Once I finish I lay down on the floor and cry a little as the unpleasant burns moves throughout my throat and all the way down to my stomach.

I feel hands on me and I slowly open my eyes to Cole's very concerned face. I gently sits me up and places his hand on my forehead.

"I'm not sick just over tired" I lie as I hold his hand that was on my forehead in my hand.

Lie number four....

"Are you sure, I can give you a check up just in case" he says concerned.

"Honestly I'm fine" I say.

"You can't cure quilt" I think dryly to myself.

Cole frowns at me unconvinced but I pull a funny face making him laugh. He gives me his hand and helps me up.

"I think we should go to the beach or something today" Cole smiles.

"We can't, I invited your parents over for lunch" I say as I walk over to the sink and brush my teeth.

"I forgot they were here" he laughs as he walks over and brushes his teeth.

"Cole! They're your parents and you haven't seen them in seven months" I scowl him.

Cole just pokes his tongue out as he walks out. I watch him go and look at my reflection in the mirror.

I frown to myself, "you look like shit."

I quickly wash my face and brush my hair, seeing only a hot shower will fix me, I walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Cole is naked and looking through the closest for something to wear. I walk over and hug him from behind. I sigh when I feel his warm skin. I love the little things.