Chapter Ninty-Three

*three months pregnant*

We left Sammies soon after getting our food. No one ate and Robert and I are taking our taco home for Emily who should be getting dropped off in the next hour.

Well...that depends on dad's reaction to Antony being gay. If he acts badly then Emily is staying away. I'm not exposing her to anything else after all she has been through.

Robert and I reach the house first and wait for Antony and Julian who arrive three minutes after.

Once they are out of the car we make our way inside. We head straight to the kitchen where mum is always in.

"Good afternoon my beautiful children" she smiles looking at all four of us.

We can't help but smile back. Mum has that way of just making us feel better.

"Mumma" Antony frowns as he walks over.

"What's the matter? You better not be pregnant. I can only handle one child of mine pregnant at a time" she smiles.

We all giggle.

"No not pregnant. I think its time to come out to dad" Antony whispers.

Mum gives him a surprised look then places her hands on his shoulder, "if you feel like you're ready I will be here to support you" she smiles.

"Thanks mum" Antony smiles as they hug.

We hear dad moving upstairs. He makes his way to the stairs and climbs down. Its time.

Antony is literally shaking. I just take his hand in mine as we follow the others out.

"No matter how he reacts you're surrounded by people who love you" I remind him.

Antony just nods. We walk into the living room where dad is about to sit down with a book in his hands.

"What do I owe the pleasure" he smiles.

At least he is in a good mood. We sit around the chairs and Antony nervously picks at his cubicals.

"Um...dad" Antony says clearing his throat.

"Please don't tell me you got a girl pregnant" dad sighs.

Surprisingly we all laugh.

"No! Thats Tori's job" Antony smirks.

I lean over and punch his arm, "hey! Not fair" I laugh.

"Ok son what is it?" Dad asks.

Antony looks at his feet. Come on Antony you can do it! Finally he looks up and looks into dad's eyes.

"Dad I'm gay" Antony says strongly.

Dad narrows his eyes as he tries to understand. He looks at Antony confused then looks at mum.

Mum just nods her head yes. He looks back at Antony then at Julian.

"Are you two?" he asks.

Antony holds Julian's hand, "yes dad we are together and I love him" he smiles.

Antony and Julian smile at each other before turning back to dad. Dad has a million emotions dancing across his face.

"Well....I'm not going to say I approve but as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you" dad says.

We all release a sigh. It could have been way worse and coming from him this is a huge step in the right direction. 

"Don't tell anyone in the religion especially now with Tori being pregnant. If anyone asks why haven't taken a wife say you can't have kids and  don't want to burden a woman with being childless" dad says.

Antony doesn't say anything, he does something that even surprises me. Antony stands up and hugs dad.

Dad hugs him back tightly and mum and I share a surprised look. I've never seen them hug before.

When they pull away dad pats his back then turns his attention to Julian, "welcome to the family" he smiles.

"Glad to be here" Julian smiles.

Antony and Julian link hands then leave the room. I notice dad frowning at their link hands but I watch him try and soften his features.

"Robert come help me cook dinner. If you're marrying my daughter you need to know how to cook her favourite dinner" mum smiles as she takes Robert's arm and leads him out. 

Once they are gone I turn to dad and wrap my arms around him, "thank you."

Dad holds me back tightly.

"How long have you know?" he asks.

"Four months" I say pulling back.

"The others?" he asks.

"Mum knew for like three months and Robert knew for like one month" I shrug.

Dad just nods.

"How's bub?" he smiles.

"Bub is great and actually looks like a baby. Here" I grin pulling an ultrasound photo for my bag.

"Thanks! Wow she does look like a baby now" he laughs.

"Don't let Robert hear you say she. He will go mad. He believes bub is a boy" I smile.

"Na she is a girl. I can feel it" dad grins still looking at the photo.

I just smile at him.

Vote ✔️👍

Comment 🔝📝