Chapter Thirty-Three

"What the hell were you two thinking!" Mum yells at us as we sit on the couch staring at the floor.

"Not only did you smart mouth and Leader but you threaten a Leader! How can you two be so stupid! He won't let this go, you two are in serious danger" mum continues screaming.

I can tell by her tone of voice she is terrified. When we got home father and Robert were called by Leader Dale to meeting.

Leader Dale explained briefly over the phone want Antony and I did and Father briefly told mum on his way out. As soon as we stepped into the house mum yelled at us.

"What do you two have to say for yourself?" Mum continue yelling.

Antony and I say nothing as we continue staring at our feet.

"Victoria this is dangerous for you more than anything" mum whispers as she starts crying, "they will take you away from me."

Antony and I stand up and hug her as she breaks down. Antony and share a tearful look, we went to far and now I have to pay.

We continue holding each other and crying when Father and Robert gets home.

Father stomps through the house with Robert dragging his feet behind him. Mum, Antony and I step away from each other as they reach us.

Before I have time to think my father walks up to me and back hands me across the face.

I instantly fall to the ground in shock as I hold my stinging cheek. I stay sitting in fear he will hit me again.

I sneak a look at Robert he made an attempt to walk towards me but stops and looks away.

"What the fuck!" Antony yells as move towards me but father turns and shoves him into the wall.

I look in horror as Antony falls back and hit his head on the wall with a sickly thud .

I look over at mum, she is staring with a shocked expression until she blinks and her face turns hard. I have never seen her look so angry.

"Get the fuck away from my children Jack!" Mum yells as she walks up to father and shoves him.

I don't know if its mum's adrenaline or father wasn't expecting it but he falls back against the wall.

Mum then reaches her hand out for Antony and he takes it as he stands, rubbing his head.

Mum then walks over to me, still holding onto Antony's hand. She offers me her hand and I take it.

"Where do you think you are going Leah?" Father yells as mum starts dragging us towards the door.

"To the hospital, follow us and I will make sure you get locked up" mum yells back as she drags us out the door.

We quickly get into the car and mum quickly speeds off.

"Are you two alright?" she asks us gently.

I just nod my head apart from the mental scarring I will get and a stinging cheek I'm fine but Antony says nothing.

I look over to him and notice him struggling to stay awake. Mum notices as well.

"Antony stay awake baby ok don't fall asleep. Victoria keep him awake! If he falls asleep he won't wake up" mum says as she darts her eyes back to the road.

"Antony! Antony wake up!" I say as I grabs his shoulders and give him a gently shake.

Slowly his eyelids flutter open. I unsure about how to keep him awake and how hard I can shake him.