Chapter Forty-One

Antony's birthday is tomorrow!!! Cole and Julian are setting up the surprise party whilst Antony, Emily and I are out for lunch.

Emily had the brilliant idea of celebrating Antony's birthday the day before in order to surprise him.

"Where are you going for your birthday tomorrow uncle Tony?" Emily asks as she takes a causal sip of her chocolate milkshake.

"Well we all are having dinner at the french restaurant in the city and after that my friends and I are going to a nightclub considering I'm legal" Antony grins.

"Awesome! Wait does that means you're moving out" Emily frowns.

"Not yet, I want to finish college before I leave which is another four months" Antony smiles as he ruffles Emily's hair.

"Yay!" Emily squeals as she throws her arms around him, "mummy can I stay with uncle Tony on the weekends" she adds looking at me.

"I don't see why not" I smile back.

Emily's grin grows wider as she goes back to drinking her milkshake.

"We should properly get back before Cole thinks we have run of with Em" I lie as I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket telling me they are ready.

Both Antony and Emily giggle as they stand up. We quickly pay the bill, grab a takeaway cupcake and get into the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have a blank space baby I'll write your name" we all sing as Antony pulls the car into the driveway.

"We should be in a band" Antony laughs as he turns the car off.

Emily just giggles as she unbuckles her seat belt. Antony helps her out of the car and we walk behind him as we walk towards the door.

Emily and I sneak a look at each other as Antony opens the front door. We hold our breath as he takes a step in.

Once we enter the living room we hear, "SURPRISE!!" and Antony scream.

"What is this? My birthday isn't until tomorrow" Antony laughs.

"We wanted to surprise you!" Emily giggles as she hugs his legs.

Antony bends over and picks her up.

"Well Em I was definitely surprised" Antony grins as he kisses her cheek.

Emily latches onto his neck as Antony turns his attention to his friends.

"Yo step mum!" Greg grins as he walks over.

"Hey you" I grin back as we hug once he reaches me.

"Nice house and your boyfriend is pretty awesome too" Greg smiles once we let go.

"Thanks" I grin, "you better talk to Antony before Emily steals him" I add.

"That kid is kicking us out of the group and making her own with just Antony and Julian" Greg laughs as he walks over to Antony.

I just laugh as I watch him approach and Emily tighten her grip on Antony and grin at Greg.

"I think Emily is stealing my boyfriend" Julian laughs.

"I think you're right" Cole laughs as he holds my hand.

I agree as we watch Emily and Antony. We all laugh when Emily tells Greg Antony is her's Antony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antony and his friends stay the whole day and by nightfall they go to the arcade leaving Cole, Emily and I alone in the house.

"As much as I love you're brother and Julian I'm so happy be alone with just my girls" Cole grins as we sit on the couch with a bowl of popcorn each.

"Yeah I miss when its just the three of us. What movie are we watching Em?" I ask.

"Epic!" She grins.

Cole groans, "not again!"

Emily and I both laugh as we all lay back and watch the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mummy?" I can hear Emily whisper but I ignore it.

"Mummy?" Emily says louder as she places a cold hand on my cheek.

I open one eye, the room is so dark. Sleepily I look over at Emily.

"What honey" I whisper.

"Its Antony birthday can I walk him up" she whispers.

"What time is it?" I yarn.

"Two in the morning" Emily grins.

"What? Emily go back to bed" I scowl her.

Emily pouts as she looks at me with sad eyes. I just groan as I grab her under her arms and pull her into the bed.

She snuggles into me as I wrap my arms around her.

"Go to sleep ok and let Antony sleep in at the moment thats the only present he wants" I say as I kiss her cheek.

"Ok mummy" Emily whispers as she clothes her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy?" I hear Emily whisper.

"Daddy?" she says louder this time.

"Baby what?" Cole groans.

I open my eyes and notice the room is a lot brighter but I can tell its still early. I close my eyes again and snuggle deeper into the bed.

"Can I wake Antony up now" she begs.

Cole groans again as he holds my arm and shakes it.

"Babe wake up and deal with your daughter" Cole moans.

"Hmm nmmm" I mumble.

Cole groans again, "Baby its only five am sleep for another hour at least."

I hear Emily start to whinge but quickly stops.

"Fine" she frowns as she lays against Cole.

I just start to fall asleep when my eyes snap open as I feel the urge to throw up.

I quickly untangle myself from the sheets and run to the bathroom. After five minutes of emptying my stomach I stop.

I hold my breath. I don't hear either Cole or Emily. I flush the toilet and sneak into the bedroom.

Cole is thankfully asleep and Emily is quietly singing. I sneak back into the bathroom and wash my mouth out.

Once I finish washing my mouth I feel the familiar urge to throw up again! I want to scream in frustration but instead I run back to the toilet.

After another five minutes its safe to rewash my mouth. Once I finish I look up from the sink to the mirror and look at my refection.

Why the hell am I throwing up?

Vote ✔️👍

Comment 🔝📝

Question-why is Tori throwing up?