One hundred and Twenty-seven

*eight months pregnant*

It took days for the police to figure out what happened. Both the Rowe twins died and anyone that was near the house that could have seen what happened died.

Out of the two thousand, three hundred and forty eight people that were in Bridal street, only five hundred and twelve people survived making it the worst disaster this town has even seen.

Turns out someone lit fireworks near the Rowe Twins gas tanks and caused majority of the connecting neighbours gas tanks to blow up as well.

We had Julian'a funeral three days after the explosion and it was the hardest thing any of us had ever done.

A few days after that the town had a candlelight memorial for the people that died.

Everyone went, including people from the city and neighbouring towns. It set a dark cloud over the whole town and I haven't seen anyone smiling since that night.

I learnt that Greg died as well along with a few of Antony's other friends and Kendall and Rory's neighbours, the old lady that lives next to us, lost her daughter, her husband and their two kids, only one survived. Everyone in the town has lost someone.

Antony moved back in with us and mum stays in the room with him because he cries every night and dreams of finding Julian that night, broken and bloody under gravel and bricks.

What should have been a happy month of celebrating and getting ready for Bub and my birthday, is now a nightmare none of us can wake up from.

The only good thing is Juliet who became the town's symbol of light and beginning.

Robert's fractured wrist is nearly healed and the cast is set to come off in a few days.

Rory's burns are healing and his leg is still in a cast but he is walking around now.

I'm sitting in the living room attempting to read a book. The rest of the household are in their areas. No one speaks much.

Giving up on the book, I toss it onto the couch and stand up. I find Robert sitting on the back porch.

"The house is depressing. I can't handle it anymore" I frown as I sit next to him.

He wraps his arm around my back before he says anything, "I don't think your brother is going to get over this anytime soon babe."

"I'm not asking him too but we need to stop acting like we are in a war. Yes it's horrible and I loved Julian but moping around and being depressed isn't going to bring him back or help anyone of us" I sigh.

I hear the back door open, I turn around and see Antony leaning against the doorway.

"I'm sorry" I frown.

"Don't be. You're right. I hate that you are but you are right. This won't bring him back, it won't bring any of them back" he says as he walks over and sits next to me.

I rest my head on his shoulder and take in a deep breath. I'm glad I didn't make it worse.

"But every time I close my eyes, I see him. He...he" Antony attempts but he voice breaks.

He takes in a shattered breath and runs his hand over his face.

"When you lost everything Robert how did you get over it?" he asks.

"I didn't, I'm still not over it. I think of my family everyday but I just moved on. Got on with my life and pushed myself to achieve my dreams for them. Almost like I was living for them in a way" Robert says.

For the first time in a week, I see a smile. Antony gives him a small smile before we turn our attention to the sun this is just starting to set.

We continue watching the sun until it disappears under the horizon.

"You know what, I'm craving scrambled eggs on toast with BBQ sauce" Antony announces as he stands up.

He offers us his hand with a cheeky grin. Robert and I share a quick look before grinning back at Antony and holding his hand.

He pulls us up and we walk into the kitchen and make scrambled eggs on toast.

As we cook, Antony puts the CD player on and we dance around the kitchen listening to Pink.

By the time we finish, the kitchen is a mess. We just look around the wrecked kitchen holding plates of scrambled eggs and toast.

"I don't think mum will like this" Antony giggles as he picks a piece of egg on the wall.

"No I don't like it. Unless you made your father and I some" mum says from behind us.

All three of us quickly turn around and see our parents standing in the doorway.

Dad has his hands crossed and mum has her hands on her hips but they are both smiling.

"Oh fatso there eats for two so of course we made extras" Antony grins.

I nod in agreement until I realise what he said, "hey!" I laugh as I slap his arm.

Everyone burst out laughing and our parents walk over to us. We sit around the table and pass around plates of the scrambled eggs.

As we eat, we share stories about everything and we're all soon laughing.

"When I was around three and Tegan was what..around eight. We decided to run away and find Neverland.

We made it all the way to the next town over before police found us and brought us home. Turns out everyone was looking for us and no one could believe an eight and three year old made it all the way to Carindale before we were found" dad smiles.

All of our jaws are dropped. I start giggling at the thought of my father as a toddler running away. Soon my giggling turns into a laughing fit and everyone joins in.

"Jeez and I thought you eating McDonalds on Cole's couch was the most rebellious thing you've ever done" I laugh loudly.

"What?" Mum laughs wiping tears.

I just laugh as I wipe my own tears away. As I laugh, I look around the table.

The dark cloud hasn't lifted over the town yet but it's definitely lifted from our family and thank god for that!

Vote ✔️ 👍🏼

Comment 🔝 📝

282K reads!!

Author's Note

Don't forget to follow me for update on this book and others (early updates, late updates ect)

And check out my other books, if you liked this one, you will like the others was well. 😊 they will be update next year

I've also made a Instagram account just for wattpad @NessMartinOnWattpad