The Apprentice of Magic (10)

· Kai's training at first consisted of basic body training, that would help him have a good shape and physical resistance for Garmadon's tests. But Kai initially did push-ups daily until he was exhausted, since he thought that this would reduce the time of his training and he would be able to move on to the next Garmadon tests in a few months. However, Garmadon would not let him overdo it, and even used potions that helped Kai's body to make it more resistant to magical training, Kai even admitting that the potions Garmadon used on him were more efficient than the energy products of his body world, but he couldn't get used to the horrible taste that potions tasted at all.

· After reaching Garmadon's trials, he had to climb the mountains surrounding the monastery numerous times, plus cross the forests and swim along the beach that were near the area. Going up the mountains at the beginning was somewhat difficult due to the obstacles that were on the way, the same thing happened when coming down from them, Kai had to work a lot on his breathing so as not to end up fainting in the middle of the mountain road. Even some of the traps in the mountains were made by Garmadon and Bentho, but at least Bentho's weren't dangerous and deadly like Garmadon's. But at least the training in the mountains helped him to have a good resistance in his body.

· The training in the forests mainly consisted of climbing all the treetops, and instead of following the path he found on land Kai had to jump from tree to tree to improve both his jumping and stealth skills. Kai was lucky to adapt to jumping thanks to his parkour skills that he practiced at home. The difficult thing was having to climb some trees and swing even on the vines that were on some trees, and even keep his balance on the tops, since he always fell every time Garmadon gave him balance classes, and it was Garmadon himself who it saved him from dying from the fall. But in a few days he managed to get used to it and have a better balance, now even Kai managed to have a good agility and speed capacity in his body, and sometimes he uses that to bother Ash in the academy for fun.

· At the beach their training was mainly swimming and running long distances on the shore, but sometimes they used the place for open combat and to practice some of the spells of the magical symbols. While Garmadon, Bentho, and Echo were on a boat, Kai was tasked with keeping up with them as he swam behind them, sometimes even having underwater breathing contests, and Bentho used his magical powers to make it difficult for Kai to swim, as Garmadon had to test him on his skills on the water. On the shore Garmadon would put heavy things on Kai's back to see how far he could go plus test his speed, sometimes even Garmadon would brag to Kai about his speed record. In the arena Kai drew different magical symbols to be able to control them better and also practiced self-defense alongside Garmadon.

· During the training inside the monastery Kai had to overcome the training circuits that Garmadon had built, even some of those circuits were camouflaged in the courtyard of the monastery. Every time Kai failed, he started the circuit over and over again until he could overcome them, thanks to his physical condition he was adapting to each circuit, and Garmadon even increased the speed in the circuits to see how far Kai got, sometimes some of the circuits they sent Kai flying out of the monastery, sometimes Echo too when they fought, and Kai admitted that some of Garmadon's circuits were outrageously dangerous, but Garmadon said they were fine.

· Kai mainly adapted to sword and staff like Garmadon, so Garmadon taught him the way of the swordsman that was used in Ninjago, Garmadon admits that it was impressive to see how Kai was a prodigy with the sword, Kai fought against robots of training, small colossi made by Garmadon of different element, more abominable. Even Zippy, Red and Ultra were opponents for Kai to improve his abilities in combat against creatures, although training with Zippy was difficult since he always believed that Kai was playing and would not stop licking him and biting every wooden sword Kai had used for his workouts. That irritated Flame a lot by the way.