The Indomitable Steed

The story takes place in the old west at the end of the 19th century.

Kai is a young wild horse of the Mustang breed. He was born and raised in the herd called "Cimarrones" that lives in the wild valleys of the west, his parents, Ray and Maya, are currently the leaders of the pack and very soon, he would be the new successor who will lead the Cimarrones herd. And since he was a little foal he was quite reckless before all the members of his pack, thus earning the respect and admiration of all at a young age, even as a young adult, Kai fought against wild animals for the safety of his pack, earning Thus, several scars that Kai proudly shows before his herd, showing that he was the strongest and wildest horse in his herd.

Lloyd is a small foal of the Mustang breed who was raised within the military fort to be turned into a great horse trained for the army, he had to learn to live alone at an early age since he was separated from his mother some time after being born inside the fort, but he created a good relationship with Nya, one of the few mares in the fort, and with Cole, Jay and Zane, three young Mustang horses who were born in captivity inside the military fort like him. Lloyd is usually locked in a small stable almost all the time next to Nya, but he is always sent to train with other horses to be a military horse, but he is underestimated by the other horses for being small and still weak.

Nya is one of the few mares of the Mustang breed that live in the military fort, in the fort the mares are used to carry things or simply for other jobs that are not conformed to the training activities of the other military horses, the which are only the males who participate in those military activities. Nya was the first to take care of Lloyd after being separated from his mother, Lloyd lives with her a lot but Nya also managed to become friends with Cole, Jay and Zane, in addition, Jay and Nya have a love relationship, but she keeps it hidden since the military humans do not allow them to be together.

Cole is a Mustang horse who has been raised at the fort since he was born alongside Jay and Zane. Cole knows nothing but the fort he was born in and rarely leaves the fort for explorations with a group of soldiers to do training routines outside the fort. In addition, every time a new horse arrives, Cole was always in charge of "welcome" it and explain the reality that exists in the military fort.

Jay is a Mustang horse that was born and raised in the military fort like Cole and Zane, he was one of the few foals that was able to live longer with his parents but after that both were sold for being older horses luckily he managed overcome his sadness thanks to his friends, in addition, Jay is the one who usually plays with Lloyd to cheer him up after the soldiers' training exercises. He and Nya are in love but they had to hide it from the others since in the fort the soldiers don't let the males meet much with the females. Also, Jay is considered the most agile and fastest horse in the fort since, despite having an almost slim body, he is quite good at dodging obstacles.

Zane is a Mustang horse who was also born in the fort like Cole and Jay. It was considered one of the colonel's favorite horses as it was a pure and noble horse and was admired by many for its snow-white coat, it was so striking that even Colonel Chen rode Zane for display in various military parades when they went to the city for military presentations from different places, but still Zane was trained to be a military horse and only Colonel Chen rode him when they went to the city to exhibit him since inside the fort Colonel Chen rode a more powerful horse and disciplined. Zane often talks to Lloyd about the festivals he goes to whenever Colonel Chen is in town.

Skylor is a wild Mustang mare who grew up in a native tribe located next to a small town made up of farmers and ranchers, she grew up in the home of Garmadon, Wu and Misako but by letting her free all the time she spent almost all her days living in the culture of the Indians of the town, who accepted her as one of them even gave her a necklace with a green indigenous symbol.

Garmadon, Wu and Misako are a small family of ranchers who make deals with the native tribe that lives near their ranch, Garmadon was the one who raised Skylor, in addition Garmadon also helps the natives to ruin several expeditions of various military, and even Garmadon and Wu free other horses and other animals that were captured by the military, as well as outlaws, cowboys, and hunters who later resold them to the military or in the city. Garmadon is the only one who joins the natives in intercepting robberies from the military and even risks invading restricted areas of the military to ruin their plans.

Chen is the colonel of the military fort where he mainly provides protection and men to the new railway that will have to cross the entire old west, he even gives material to the railway workers so that they can get rid of the obstacles in the different terrains which were wide to the train rails. In addition, Chen never accepts defeat against anyone, he does not accept that every living being is wild and indomitable, he always proved to be the best horseman in his regiment and thanks to that he became a colonel and was in charge of training the wild horses that are taken to his military fort, he even captures natives trying to free the horses and sends them straight to the city so they can stand trial in prison. That is why many horses within the fort fear Chen for being an expert rider and impossible to beat when it comes to refusing to follow his orders.

When Kai is captured by the cowboys during the entire trip he has been trying to escape and as a precaution they had to tie several ropes around Kai's neck, they even tied several ropes in Kai's mouth area so that he would not be able to bite the ropes and could be released. Even reaching the fort, five soldiers had to force Kai into the fort while pulling him with several thick ropes. And when he entered the fort, several of the horses were surprised to see how Kai fought against the force of several soldiers, but also drew a lot of attention by not letting himself be touched or ridden by the soldiers of the fort. And as punishment, Colonel Chen forced the soldiers to tie Kai to the post of a small corral where they normally disciplined rebellious horses and denied him food and water for the next few days if he continued his rebellious attitude.

However, despite his punishments Kai did not bow to the colonel and his soldiers, even several of the soldiers were taken to the infirmary as some of them were seriously injured for trying to mount Kai by force, Kai even came to kick several soldiers so hard that it left them injured for several days. In addition, Lloyd secretly brought Kai food and water in a small bucket since he was curious about him seeing him so wild and strong, something he has never seen in other horses, even though Kai always tried to escape even so he liked to talk With Lloyd, their relationship may have been a little rough at first, but even so, Kai felt some brotherhood towards the little foal.

Kai started talking to Lloyd about his home, the old west, and this got Lloyd too excited that he even started dreaming of escaping from the fort and trying to help Kai, who promises to also take him away from the fort to be free. But this makes Lloyd's friends worried that if Lloyd disobeyed the soldiers and the colonel he would be punished or even sold in town. Cole confronted Kai about letting Lloyd get his hopes up but Kai still ignored him and rebuked Cole for letting himself be easily tamed by men and not wanting to be free. From then on, little by little Kai became friends with Jay, Zane and Nya, but with Cole it took a while to become friends with him since the two had different ways of thinking. But still Kai promised them that he would free them from the fort to show them a new world.