The Apprentice of Magic (13)

· Kai naturally has dark brown eyes that match his hair color, but after Flame took his body as a vessel his eyes turned an almost dark red. Kai and Nya are normally the ones who drew their parents' traits in almost every physical aspect, but Kai was born with brown hair identical to his grandfather's, Ray inherited black hair from his former relatives on Ignacia Island, while Lloyd inherited the features of her grandmother, Amelia Smith, wife of Kazai Smith and mother of Ray, inheriting her blonde hair and emerald eyes. Also, Kazai spoiled Lloyd too much when he was a baby as he reminded her of his late wife.

· Kai's human stomach from time to time is not able to ingest any of the foods in the Ninjago islands, that is why sometimes he must be careful with what he eats, just like Garmadon, since he must know what to give him to feed Kai while he is in their care. Once Kai accepted a challenge, from Cole, about eating black swamp squid meat, for Cole it is a delicious and exotic meat, a meat well recognized in his family by his mother Lilly, at the first bite Kai did not take long in throwing up food and spending all day both in the academy's infirmary receiving several healing potions plus being cared for by Garmadon in the monastery. After that Cole mentions that humans don't have good tastes.

· Since Kai entered the academy, he never felt that his learning spirit would increase, he had not felt this emotion since he started his first days of class in his world, also, he had not received much attention in his life, he got used to being the lonely boy of his classes once he moved to the city of Ninjago, he never imagined that some young witches from the academy would notice him for his physique and talent in some classes and trainings, even Jay was jealous of that.

· When Bentho and Kai's relationship became close, the first thing Bentho wanted Kai to teach him was to learn how to draw, since he was fascinated by how Kai drew and created images in different parts. And he always accompanies him to the places he likes to paint with his other friends from the academy, and Kai admits that this is the first place apart from his world where many people liked his art and police did not arrest him for it, nor even the royal guards of the city. Also, Kai helped Echo repair some of the broken pieces of it, Echo was also the one who taught Kai something about magical technology in Ninjago.

· The foods that Kai normally eats are fried or scrambled eggs of griffin, dwarf dragon, dodo, bird of prey, and cockatrices, he can also eat the meat of cattle that is normally seen in the city and other similar to animals of the human kingdom.

· Zane, Cole, Jay, Skylor plus Pixal do not know at first that Kai is the vessel of Flame, the Red Beast, despite the fact that he is shown along with the other beasts symbolizing the shield of the academy, anyway everyone in the academy fear the red beast because of the stories and events that it has provoked throughout the history of Ninjago since the king proclaimed himself ruler of the islands. Kai didn't tell them anything since he promised both Garmadon and Flame, (even more so because Flame threatened him in some way not to reveal the secret). Kai had to invent multiple excuses so that no one would suspect that his burns and injuries were caused by the wild magic that he uses from Flame during his training sessions and fights alongside Garmadon. Also, Wu, Misako, Mystake, and Ronin also help in making excuses for him, as they are the only teachers who know about Kai and Flame's secret. Mystake even applies healing potions and products to Kai that fade wounds and burns.

· Kai and Bentho have their own room, (just like Echo and Garmadon), but since Kai and Bentho became close Bentho started sleeping together with Kai in his room. When Kai began to settle in his new room, he began decorating the walls with posters associated with the Ninjago academy, Garmadon and him search posters, drawings made by Bentho, some photos taken together with his friends and with Garmadon, Bentho and Echo. In addition to having some of his casual clothes that he had stored in his backpack, Garmadon was able to get him extra clothes. He uses the symbol of electricity to recharge his phone and Garmadon lets him use the crystal in the monastery to watch videos of him on the big screen.

· There were some times that Kai had to face Garmadon in a drunken state, since there are times that he goes overboard with his drinks, Kai had to endure hours of training with Garmadon in that state, and admits that they are his worst moments in his life, as Garmadon always acts in a childish, crazy and immature manner as he sometimes goes overboard when facing Kai during combat and Kai even has to put up with Flame's teasing and scolding. Kai sometimes even has to make sure he doesn't drink too much as Garmadon sometimes does weird things like climb the monastery tower, swim in his underwear on the beach, and do crazy tricks on the trees and the training circuit, even while he's asleep. .

· When Kai managed to create his own guitar with the help of Garmadon, he taught Bentho how to play it while he taught him a traditional song from the island of Ignacia. Garmadon made him his own Oni mask, an important meaning in Garmadon's past, since those masks symbolized Garmadon's special squad during the rebellion, in addition, Garmadon keeps the old masks of his fallen squad after the civil war and keeps them stored in a closet where in the middle is a small altar representing his squad.

· From time to time Kai makes video logs with his cell phone to narrate various things he has learned during his days with Garmadon and outside the monastery.

· When it comes to allergies, Bentho is definitely allergic to chlorine from the human kingdom. He is a chemist who is capable of giving Bentho several red welts and causing countless itches on his skin. This is because Merlopians, having sensitive skin, can be affected by different chemicals that damage their skin, moreover, they can experience withdrawals due to high temperatures if they do not find a nearby water source that helps hydrate their body. A common way used by poachers is to use fire spells to overheat and weaken them.