1

•Chapter 1•

•Chapter 1•

"This is bullshit!" I shouted at my mother as she stood before me in the dining room with a not-so-surprised look on her face. She had expected me to react this way. "Why the hell do I need to go to some fancy as private school when I'm doing perfectly fine at my current one!?"

I didn't give a damn if my voice was raised despite my father telling me to calm down.

"Don't speak to your mother that way!" My father yelled back at me but I had already erupted, there was no cooling down now.

"You two really expect me to leave my friends and my life behind here?" I asked, still thinking it was completely unfair. I didn't want to go to some rich and fancy private school like most rich families send their kids too. Was I so in the wrong for that?

"Yes. I expect you do to as your told." My mother nonchalantly spoke.

"Why?"

"Why are you so upset about this, Jinnie? A lot of kids would kill for this opportunity." My mother seemed very confused.

The truth is, I knew why they were sending me. With their busy work schedules and as their only child, they didn't have the time nor did they probably even want to take care of me. Why not send me to a private school halfway across the country to do it for them.

The rain was starting to turn from light sheets to heavy pours. The dining room was dimly light with the small chandelier about the table.

"This is unfair." I said as I leaned back in my chair.

"You know what's unfair?" My mom said in a scarily calm voice. "That fact that my only son is actually like an ungrateful brat."

Was that supposed to make me feel bad or offend me? Of course I was ungrateful, she's sending me away against my will.

"But it's already decided Hyunjin. We already sighed all the documents and you're school papers have been sent. You're going. So I suggest you start packing, you leave in a week."

A week. That's when summer vacation ends. Of course she's tell me last minute, that doesn't give me much time to spend with my friends before I go. What the hell am I gonna tell them?

Oops, sorry I can spend time with you because my mom is crazy and is sending me away for the remaining two years of my education?

That's not really a good conversation starter either.

Though I knew myself, the second I was dismissed to my room, I was gonna call Heeseung and rant to him about it.

"That meant go, son." My dad addressed and I instantly stood up from the chair. Walking straight into the entrance hall and up the stairs. I pulled my phone out on my back pocket and instantly dialed Heeseung.

It rang three times before I was greeted with his voice on the other end.

"Dude you better have a good reason for this." Heeseung said, a little annoyed.

"I know I wasn't supposed to bother you, but you won't fucking believe this."

I only wasn't supposed to call because him and his girlfriend were wanting to go all the way, and yet if he answered it means he was finding an excuse to back out.

"What'd your parents do this time? Is it worse than them forgetting you birthday earlier this year?"

"I don't know, is getting shipped across the country away from everything you've ever know to attend a school you don't want to go to, considered worse?"

"Dude what the fuck?" Heeseung was a mixed of shocked and pissed. "When?"

"I leave at the end of the week. I'm supposed to be packing right now." I admitted as I sat down on my bed. "I told her it was unfair, that I didn't want to go but then she just called me ungrateful." I plopped backwards and sighed. I could here Sunni mumbling in the background.

"Of course you're ungrateful, you don't want it." Heeseung sounded pissed. "That is so messed up. I'm not gonna have my last two years of high school with you?"

"Yep. But I need to go. I apparently have a lot of packing to do."

We bid our goodbyes and set up a day to hang out one last time before I had to leave.

Just as I tossed my phone onto my bed and pulled my suitcase from the top of my closet, my mother knocked and entered my bedroom.

"Jinnie. I know you're upset, but this will be good for you. Please just give it a try."

"It's not like I have a choice, Mom." I placed my suitcase open on my bed and began prying open my drawers.

"I should also tell you, they have uniforms so you'll only need clothes for weekends." She seemed a little hesitant to say that.

"Great. Even better." I sighed as I now had to limit my outfit choices. "Can you please just let me do this in peace." I turned and gave her a look. She politely smiled and accepted my plea.

I moped as I finished up my larger suitcase and then proceeded to gather all my art supplies and pack them up in a box. I'd ask my mom is she could ship it to me. Unless she's be driving me there but I doubt that.

As much as I want to scream and throw things and cause a scene. It was going to be pointless, once my mom made up her mind nothing in the world could change that. Not even me.

So I was being forced out of my life and into a new one. Yay me.

——

[A/N]

First Chapter of Madly. I have great plans for this one.

I'll update both current works at least twice a week. Love you guys.