Epilogue II | Matrimony

[Hyunjin]

[Hyunjin]

2 years later

The room was filled with so many people, most I recognized. Some I did not, most likely friends from college or work.

All off our friends were here. Cheongsan had a new girl on his arm. San and Joong were running around chasing their little girl as she ran away with yet another piece of chocolate from the confections table. Jungkook and Taehyung in theirs seats having conversations with strangers next to them.

Changbin was teasing Chan like usual as Beomgyu and Seungmin indulged in the champagne as they sat.

Mrs. Han was all excited and had tissues on hand as she was to leave to hand her son away to someone else. Hyuka was up on the steps in his black suit. I originally thought it was gonna be the other way around. Jeongin was behind him, and he found me peaking around the corner and smiled at me.

I left the doorway and entered the room to its side. "Are you almost ready, Ji?" I asked and he looked nervous.

"Do I look okay?" He said into the mirror as he kept trying to moved his baby blue bow tie around but only making it worse.

"Ji, you look amazing. It's your wedding day! Don't be so nervous I said turn him around and smoothing out his tie and his mom walked in. "I demand that as your best man. Now I'm going to go take my place. And your mom is here about to walk you down that isle to the love of you life, okay?"

"Okay." He said and let out a deep breath. I kissed his cheek and exited the room. Felix greeted me at the doorway and the music started. We took our steps forward. He walked me down to my dedicated place, leaving there as he sat in the front row just a few steps away from me. Next was Hyuka's little brother as he carried the ringers out and Jisung's little sister following with flower petals.

As Jisung appeared in the doorway, in his beautiful white lace embroidered tux, I looked over at Hyuka who just stared in awe. I caught Jeongin's eye who smiled widely at me then looked back to Jisung.

I turned to watched as Jisung was escorted by his mom and handed him to Huening Kai. Once settled the minister began.

"We are gathered here today.." he started and as much as I loved this moment, my mind wouldn't be able to focus through the whole thing so I saved myself the struggle. Sneaking looks at Jeongin from behind Hyuka and he would blush anytime he caught me staring.

After a few long moments, I snapped back to the matter at hand. "I believe the grooms have prepared their own vows." He said and this is what I wanted to pay attention to the most.

Huening Kai cleared his throat. "Jisung, I remembered the day you gave me the promise of this. I was beyond happy, knowing that get to one day stand up here and choose you for the rest of my life. Today, I get to do that. Today, I choose you." He said with a small pause. "I promise to love you without condition, to honor you each and every day. To join in on your laughter and to support your tears."

"To guide you when you ask for direction. To challenge you to do your best and allow you to do the same for me. I promise to be your best friend, your biggest fan. Because I can't wait to do life with you. Han Jisung, I love you and I choose you. Forever and Always."

I wiped the couple tears that slipped from my eyes and I could tell Jisung had to do the same.

"Oh my god." He chuckled nervously. "I don't know if can compete with that." Hyuka smiled and touched his cheek to wipe a remaining tear.

The crowd slightly laughing with him. He left out a deep breathe and held Hyuka's hands tightly. "Kai Kamal Huening, 3 years ago you captured my heart by being exactly who you are. The sweetest, most loving, compassionate and sensitive person I have ever known. You have been my very best friend through the good and the bad. You believed in my the most even when I couldn't believe in myself. You have shown my how to love with with passion, purity and unconditional acceptance."

"Im not sure a lifetime is long enough to return every experience you have given me, but I promise I will spend the rest of my lifetime trying. Together we are better than we could ever hope to be alone, and today I give you my love, my trust, my fidelity forever. I'm yours, forever and always."

"God, and you thought you couldn't compete." Hyuka said as he sniffles and laughed through his tears. The whole scene was touching my heart and drew me to look down at the ring on my finger. The one I shared with Felix and Jeongin from our private unity ceremony a few weeks ago.

When I looked back up, I held my eyes front.

"You may now kiss you groom." The minister said and they didn't hesitate not one second to kiss. Jisung holding onto Hyuka's neck as the taller bent down and held his new husbands waist.

Claps filled the room and I joined in. The love in air was honestly beyond compare. They were epic.

——

At the reception, I was seated beside Jisung in my place and Jeongin once again on the other side. I hated the distance but at least I was able to have Felix beside me this time.

Everyone was around their tables, and then Jisung's mom stood, clicking her glass to start the speeches. "Jisung, I remember when you were still running around the house naked because you refused diapers."

Jisung's faced flushed pink and everyone laughed, Hyuka looked at his embarrassed lover as he cover his face in his shoulder and I patted his back as I laughed. "You were so small, and I had such big hopes for you. Today I got to see those hopes through. You graduated high school, started college, got married. I'm so damn proud of you. Kai, take care of my baby." Mrs. Han said through her tears and we clapped and sipped from our glasses.

"Okay, me next." Jeongin said standing holding up his glass and Mrs. Han passed him the microphone.

"Huening Kai, Jisung. I remember.. that absolute shock I had when you two announced your relationship. You two seemed like an impossible fit at the time, but watching you grow together for so long has made me realize the opposite. You are the perfect pieces to each others puzzles and I couldn't be happier for you."

After all the speeches including mine, we moved onto the floor as the grooms took their first dance.

One by one couples joined and Jeongin came up to me, asking for my hand. "Dance with me?"

I nodded, kissing Felix on the cheek and he let us walk out onto the dance floor, Jeongin's hand around my waist and the other in my hand.

"This was beautiful, don't you think?" He asked and I nodded, placing my forehead against his and closing my eyes as we swayed to the music.

It was truly beautiful. Life was truly beautiful.

And I was madly in love with it.

————
[A/N]

ANNNNND ITS OVER! Final chapter.
Saying goodbye to Madly is hard, but it was such an amazing story to write.

I will be posting and announcement attached to this story regarding new updates and future works. And I hope you stick around to see it!

I love you guys! Til next time!
~ Cece 🤍