5

• Chapter 5 •

Chapter 5 •

I've been laying in bed for the past hour debating on whether or not to actually get up.

It was 11 am, Saturday morning. I could hear a couple were up considering their voices echoed down the hall from the living room. But it was a weekend, and not even noon yet. I had no doubt most of everyone was still asleep.

I eventually convinced myself to get up, I could hear the pitter-patter of rain tapping against the window. I pulled the blackout currents open for my room to be filled with a dull grey lighting.

I combed my hair and went into my closet pulling out a simple lazy outfit. Sweats and a plain t-shirt. I didn't want to do anything today, I didn't want to do anything at all.

I unplugged my phone from the charger and texted Heeseung, asking if he was up.

Considering Heeseung who responds to my messages instantly, when he didn't answer after 10 minutes I assumed he was still asleep and I could call him later when he woke up.

I walked out into the dimly light hall, passing Jeongins bedroom. His door left slightly open. I could see he was still passed out in bed, his earbuds laid onto of his phone.

Does he never part with those things? I walked further, finding Changbin and Jisung chilling on the couch, having some sort of casual conversation that was interrupted by my presence.

"Good morning." Jisung spoke, with a soft voice. He tone didn't demand a good morning back. He just smiled and turned back to Changbin, trying to engage back into their conversation as he brought a steaming cardboard cup up to his lips.

Jisung seemed to be the only one that didn't instantly annoy me in some way. He was talkative from the sounds of it but he was quiet and was always wearing a gentle smile. Or maybe it was just that I was a complete stranger.

Changbin on the other hand couldn't keep his eyes off of me even as I walked into the kitchen. His attention was more on what I was doing rather than paying attention to Jisung's words.

When Jisung noticed this he looked back at me. He got up and walked over to where I was and asked if I needed help finding anything.

"Do you guys have cereal?" I asked.

"Farthest capnet on the right, bottom shelf milk is in the fridge. There should be a few clean bowls in the dishwasher." There was that gentle smile again.

It was comforting, it reminded me of how my mother used to smile before became so self-obsessed.

I followed his words, pulling out a box of Cocoa Puffs after grabbing a clean spoon and bowl from the dishwasher.