72

[Hyunjin]

[Hyunjin]

I'll never get used to the feeling of being back in loud crowded halls after having peaceful quiet for a while. Lockers slamming, the buzzing of every conversation. The only thing that makes this easier to deal with are the friends I get to see throughout the day.

I held my bag strap tightly, weaving through the hallways towards first period. My head already began hurting at how loud the girls were yelling down the hall at each other in excitement.

So I quickly rushed through the door of my chemistry class. Jung kook was turned around watching the door. Probably waiting for me to show so he could ask where I was yesterday.

I smiled at him and he just had his arms crossed with a brow raised. "Mind telling me why you missed the first day back?"

"Uhm.. personal stuff?" I said, sounded more like a question because I had no idea how to categorize the situation that lead up to my absence.

"Personal stuff? That's the excuse you are going with? You know our teacher will ask you right?"

"Yea yea. I know."

"But seriously, where were you?"

"We slept in late on accident."

"We?"

The conversation was interrupted as a woman walked in, not our teacher at all. "Hello class, I'll be your sub today." She spoke at she wrote her name on the board.

"Looks like I can keep my excuse." I cockily smiled at Jungkook as he playfully rolled his eyes and faced the front.

Jisung arrived just as the bell had rang and he quietly sat down in his seat. His eyes had dark circles underneath them and he hadn't attended to disheveled hair.

I reached my leg out and tapped his foot with mine. He looked at me with his bloodshot puffy eyes. "Hey what's up?" I whispered and he just shook his head.

"I'll tell you later." He whispered and just hugged his own arms.

I had the fuzzy worry feeling in my chest, but I just nodded. Him telling me on his own time was probably better.

I followed the instructions of what our sub had given us, taking out my textbook and notes. Apparently all we had been assigned today is partner notes. Jungkook turned around and I automatically knew what he was going to ask.

"Wanna pair up?"

I looked over at Jisung who just had his head down.

"Actually," I leaned in with a whisper. "I think Ji needs a friend right now, would you mind?"

Jungkook turned his gaze to our friend and frowned at the sight. "Go ahead. I'll partner with Minjin."

I gathered my stuff and took the empty seat next to Jisung. He raised his head to look at me and then at the materials I had brought over.