18

I walked out the back door

I walked out the back door. Felix was sitting down on the steps horizontally. It was misting, his hair was slightly damp. He held a cigarette away from the rain, a line of smoke emitting from it.

"I'm sorry." I said, moving a porch chair closer to him and he looked at me.

"For what?"

"Being bitchy with you. I guess I just.. I honestly didn't really want to be here for a while." I shrugged my shoulders.

"That was obvious. But honestly none of us do." Felix took another drag of his cigarette and I watched it form the shape of his lips.

He caught me looking and I instantly looked away. When I looked back he offered me his cigarette, he must've thought that's why I was looking at.

"I told you I don't smoke."I said.

"Just one hit. Come on." I took it from him and looked at it.

"Just hit it." He teased. I put it between my teeth and too a hit of it. The bitter taste filling my mouth and smoke escaped my lips. I almost felt like coughing.

"Jesus, how do you stand the taste of that?" I asked, handing it back to him.

He laughed at me and reached into his pocket. "Try this." He tossed me a small device. Round like a tube with a lip piece on the end.

I hit it, and was instantly hit with the taste of peaches and cream. I blew the smoke from my mouth and seconds later I was hit with a weird feeling. "Woah."

"First nicotine buzz?" He asked and I looked at him with a nod as I lean back in the chair.

"You are a terrible influence." I laughed, gripping the vape tightly in my hands.

"I know." He said and I watched as he lifted his injured hand into the rain, letting water drop onto the tips of his fingers.

"We keep meeting on porches new kid." I quoted the first time he actually said anything in a nice tone to me and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Look where we are."

He smiled and shook his head, looking out into the backyard. "You're something Hyunjin. I don't do people. Yet you..." he stopped his speech mid sentence.

"Yet I what?" I leaned forward in the chair.

"I'm drawn to you. Maybe it was your I fucking hate everything attitude, but now it's just.. you. Just you."

"I don't understand."

"Neither do i." He looked over at me, with his head resting against the porch rail and hit his cigarette again. I did the same with the vape in my hand, letting the flavor satisfy my tongue and smoke oozed from my mouth and nose.

"You're free all day right?"

"Yea. Why?"

"Want to run away with me?" He asked, something lurked in his tone and I looked at him.