59

[I do not own the fanart linked above.]

[Hyunjin]

[Hyunjin]

It was snowing today and despite all the atudents living on school grounds. The headmistress cancelled all classes for today. Giving us our own little day.

I wasn't mad, I'd much rather be at home in my own room. I haven't painted in a while.

The snow came down lightly outside my bedroom window, a dim grey lighting filling my dark room. It was barely 8 am and I was wide awake.

On the other side of my bedroom wall was the sound of footsteps that belong to Cheongsan. But he was always a morning person.

I grabbed a random canvas from the top of my closet. I guess I was painting big this morning. I propped it up on my easel and dragged my bucket of paints over. Organizing my brushes by size, and gathering my extra materials.

All while doing so I tried to visualize what I want the canvas to look like. What scene I wanted it to hold and portray.

As I sat my little stool I had previously tucked away in a corner, I stared at the blank white of the canvas. Then my gaze fell out the window. The sparkly look of the snow covering the ground and sticking. The frost coating the limbs of every tree. A wind blowing harsh enough you could hear it, but soft enough to look calm. The white fluffy looking winter.

I mixed a up frost white, gathered dark browns. Coating the ends of damp brushes with the colors as I lathered them across the surface. Strands on my hair kept falling in my vision, so I held the handle of the brush between my teeth as I clipped my hair back.

Though the scene was a mostly white, i tried to perfect it to how it looked outside my window. With bluey-whites and light greys, the oaky wood. I only paused every now and again to try and mix the perfect shade and to rinse a brush I needed to reuse.

By the time I had finished the main concept it was nearly eleven. But I didn't leave my room of eating stand from my stool, because something was missing.

I felt arms snake around my waist and a chin rest upon my shoulder. "Good morning, baby."
Jeongin's sleepy voice rang in my ears and I smiled, slightly leaning into him.

"Good morning."

"The painting looks beautiful. As your work always does."

"Yea, but it's missing something." I frowned and Jeongin hugged me tighter with a hum as if he was trying to help me think.

"Maybe a pop of a bright color. A color that you haven't used or mixed in? Like a purple.. or a red?"

"Red sounds better." I nodded and pulled out my scarlet red paint. I bit the end on my brush, contemplating. Too much and it would through the whole painting off, too little and it will still be so bland.