3

• Chapter 3 •

Chapter 3 •

I stood at the check in counter of the metro station with my two suitcases. Heeseung and Sunni behind me as I received my train ticket.

My parents were no where in sight. They were supposed to be here by now. I knew I should've expected it, but it left me really disappointed.

"Are you two taking a train as well?" The clerk asked the two behind me and they shook their heads.

"They're just here to see me off, ma'am." I informed and she smiled back at me and nodded. As we walked across the concrete floor to platform 2 my eyes still darted behind us, waiting and hoping to see my mom.

All I could ask for is a goodbye if she wasn't giving me a choice on leaving. But if she wasn't here now, she wasn't going to be.

If there was anything contradicting about me, it's that not only am I the biggest mommas boy, I also have such big mommy issues.

"Where are you parents, they're supposed to be here." Heeseung said as he looked around.

"They aren't coming." I shrugged my shoulders. "I need to board, I'll text you when I arrive there." I gave Heeseung one final hug and saluted Sunni before turning to drop off my luggage.

One thing I told myself I wouldn't do. Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back.

I showed my ticket to the conductor and he allowed me to board. I clutched my carry on close and sat down trying not to get up and walk right out. Which I could, but doing so would cause so much trouble at home I wouldn't be welcome there. There are some lines that I know I can overstep, this is not one of them.

I closed my eyes and sighed. It's all going to be fine. I looked out the window towards where Heeseung was last standing, and like the amazing person he was, he was still standing there. He was gonna stay there until my train left.

I noticed him wave and I waved back just as the last person boarded. I took out my AirPods and plugged them into my ears.

I pulled up my playlist and hit the shuffle button, beach by the neighbourhood started playing and I had a feeling it was gonna put me to sleep.

I would rather fall asleep than suffer a 6 hour train ride. So I let myself fall asleep.

——

The subway station was freezing when I arrived. According what my mother had texted me, a message I ignored, someone from Silverbrook Academy was going to be picking me up.

I received my luggage from pick up and walked towards the front entrance. Looking around for anyone that might resemble a student or anyone that would carry school pride. But no school tshirts or jackets, just they station being flooded in and out.