80

[Hyunjin]

[Hyunjin]

Graduation Day. The day I've feared all week, but now that it's here. It doesn't feel so bad. Im happy my friends get to start their adult lives.

I was in the gymnasium, helping them set up for the ceremony. I was currently an Art duty, setting pieces in a fashion that seemed the most organized. Chan was here too, setting up the chairs amongst the floor for graduates. The center stage that had dragged out was being put together and decorated.

Chan looked over at me, to find me looking at him and he paused his work as he started walking towards me. I turned away out of embarrassment to be staring.

"Hey." He said. "Having fun?"

"If you'd even call this fun, then yea. I suppose." I said picking up one of the larger canvases and hanging it in the middle of the display board.

"Wait, Hwang H.? This is your piece?" He pointed out as I hung it perfectly center.

"Yea." I admitted and moved onto the next one. But he stayed in front of mine, staring at it and analyzing it.

"I couldn't stop staring at this when I walked in, wondering why the face looked so familiar. Now I know. You painted him beautifully." He complimented and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said as I hung another canvas. "All my entries are painting of him. See?" I stepped back as I showed my third and last canvas.

"Wow." He said and I point to the one left of the one he was just looking at. "You're amazing. Paint me one day?"

"Maybe as a wedding present." I smiled and he chuckled.

"Anyway, imma get back to work before Mrs. Park gets onto my ass." He says and scurries off. I waved him goodbye.

Once I had finished my chore, I just headed to the bleaches and sat amongst the other students that had finished up. Changbin came strutting in, he was late, but he immediately hopped in to help Chan finish up the seating arrangements.

Whilst I had nothing to do I just opened up my back pack and pulled out my sketchbook. Clicking the end of my pencil to get enough lead.

I looked back and forth between the muse and the paper as I sketched out the body frame, lining the edges of his clothes to make sure I got all the first steps details completed.

Watching him and drawing him. It wasn't til i had finished the rough but decently perfect sketch and the bell had rang that I realized how much time I had spent sitting their. I packed up my bag and walked up to Chan and Changbin, hugging them both.

"I'll see you guys at the ceremony." I said and left.
I instantly found Seungmin just outside the gymnasium doors staring in and watching Changbin chat with other seniors.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him.

"Yea, he's just... graduating. Going to be starting a new life soon." He said, his voice quiet. "I'm just worried that his new life won't need me in it." He looked at me with sad eyes and I frowned, giving him a hug.