55

[Jeongin]

[Jeongin]

To tell you I woke up with a mix of so many emotions is an understatement. There was bliss, confusion, shock, anger, sadness... all rolled together within the first five minutes of opening my eyes. To see Hyunjin right in front me, arms wrapped tightly around my waist. Of course, I loved the feeling. Of course, I was completely thrilled to have him by me.

But with how our last conversation was and how it ended. I couldn't help but feel so conflicted. With as much as he was allowed to be upset with me, I was allowed to be upset with him. I think he understood that, with the way he was currently sitting at the end of my bed. He was glancing between me and Felix in an almost shameful way.

He still looked upset, but more with himself and less with me. I sat vertical to him, by my headboard. Knees to my chest as I hugged my legs tightly.

Felix got up to use the restroom and despite the dreadful silence in the air neither of us spoke a single word. I don't think either of us even took a single breath until Felix returned.

"You two take a minute to talk things out. I'm going to make breakfast before classes." Felix pointed between the two of us and left without another word. The door closing completely behind him with a click.

We didn't say anything. Not for a minute. I just stared and he fiddled with his thumbs.

"Aren't you supposed to be angry at me?" I said, my attitude coating every word.

"I was.. but I'm not anymore." He kept his eyes on his hands. He talked so quiet I could barely hear him.

"Just like that? I mean great, but seriously? Bipolar much." I scoffed.

"Jeongin I-"

"No. You yelled at me Hyunjin. Like full on yelled and you think just because I woke up to you cuddling me, it's gonna fix that?"

"I never said I thought it would fix anything." He said as he finally looked at me. "I know, getting upset like that was uncalled for. Childish, immature. Whatever else you want to call it. But I-" he looked at the wall away from me, his jaw clenched. "I was just scared, I suppose. I already didn't like the idea of him talking to you. Jealousy, yea. But when I heard that you two- I didn't want to replaced or abandoned."

He shrugged of his own words, trying to make it seem like admitting how he felt about it was no big deal. But his body language was speaking too loud, saying the exact opposite.

My fucking weakness for people. For him. I gave in. Scooting a little closer.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." He said, head down though his body was facing me a little more. I scooted off the bed and stood in front of him.

"I tried to get you to listen Hyunjin. Felix even tried."

"I know." Despite me standing over him, he didn't want to look up at me.