61

[I do not own the fan art above. Credits to ScarletBlosson on Twitter.]
[Also a double update.]

[Jeongin]

[Jeongin]

When I heard back from Hyunjin, he had fallen apart. I couldn't make sense of his words. But judging how shattered he sounded, it wasn't anything good at all.

It went his words started to come together and make sense, is only when I broke with him. Like a hand just shattered through my rip cage and punctured my lungs, just to rip my heart from my body and be stepped on on the dirty concrete sidewalk.

But I didn't let a single tear fall, how could I when Hyunjin was falling apart in my arms as it was. If he saw me weak, he'd think himself even weaker.

Seungmin stood beside us and I searched his eyes for some sort of answer. But he held no answer, only sorrow for the both of us as he placed a hand over his heart. The sight of his hyung breaking must've been a aching sight. Changbin stepped beside me and took Hyunjin from my arms, allowing me to have a brief second of weakness as tears silently escaped my eyes.

"I need to get him home." I said, looking behind me to Chan. Who had stayed silent this whole time, not bothering to even look up from the ground. He seemed agitated with the state Hyunjin was in, the state I was slowly slipping into.

I hugged my boyfriend tighter, as he buried his face in my cotton sweater. His feet staggering as he couldn't see where he was walking, but only going where I lead him.

The car ride home was incredibly silent, Hyunjin had his head laid down in my lap. Seungmin kept his eyes on the older the whole time, patting his head and smoothing out his hair to try to console him. I kept my eyes shut, knowing they were growing red with the sting of salty tears.

We were dropped off and Seungmin wanted to get out with us but I told him to just head home.

As we walked through the doors, I accidentally slammed the door to loud, starting the two boys on the couch. San and Joong.

Hongjoong got one quick look at our state and rushed to his feet. "Oh my god, what happened?"

"Felix happened." I whispered as Hyunjin pushed himself away from me and headed up the stairs.

"What did Felix do?" San asked, standing up with a very dominant demeanor.

"We've been kicked to the curb. We are over." I admitted my heart fully breaking as I said those words out loud for the first time and I finally began to cry. I couldn't stop it from happening either. My balled up hands immediately went to rub the water from my eyes and I was taken in by a pair of arms, belonging to Hongjoong.

He stroked my hair and I knew he was looking to San for help. I could hear the man's footsteps get closer to the pair us. But I couldn't bother to open my eyes and looks. The tears came to face, wetting my cheeks and causing them the stick to Hongjoong's shirt.

"Let it all out, bub." I felt San's hand in my back. "Joong, take care of those two please. I'm gonna grab my brother. We will be back later." He sounded so angry, but almost as if he was suppressing half of it. And if that was the case, I'm glad I was not going to be witnessing whatever ended up on the other side of all that when it was released.

I rubbed my eyes and slightly pushed away from Hongjoong but still remained in his grasp as the two boys stomped very heavily down the stairs.

"He better fucking be there when we get there or I swear.." Cheongsan started but San immediately cut him off pointing at me.

"We will be back." San said, as the walked out the door. It slammed shut so hard it shook the house.

Minutes later, the door reopened as Hongjoong had gotten Hyunjin from upstairs. Jisung came bursting in, along with Huening Kai and Jungkook.

I looked at Hyunjin with puffy eyes and a broken heart, only to break even more at seeing him in such a state. My arms opened to him and he fell into them. Immediately the three boys surrounded us, beginning to try in comfort us in different ways.

Jungkook was just rubbing Hyunjin's back while Hyuka and Jisung cuddled into us. It was painfully obvious that Jungkook wasn't much of a physical affection kind of person. But after a while he leaned into the pile, clearly making an exception given the circumstances.

Hongjoong just sat in the nearby arm chair, keeping an eye on us with worried eyes.

"I'm gonna kill him." Jungkook said and Jisung shook his head. "Don't tell me no, I'm gonna fucking kill him. He left my best friend heart broken and he expects to get away with it? Not on my fucking watch." Jungkook went to stand but Hyunjin grabbed his wrist and he slowly sat back down.

"Jungkook please..." His voice was rough and dry. "Just stay away from him. That's what he wants."

Jungkook sighed, clearly having a weakness for Hyunjin. Especially since I've never seen him endings with anyone else in person aside from us and that's only because Hyunjin is the mutual link between all of us.

Hyunjin leaned into Jungkook and the older wrapped his arms around the boy. Jungkook locked eyes with me over Hyunjin's shoulder and gave me a look of sympathy.

"I know this isn't the best time." Huening Kai whispered. "But I'm siding with Jungkook on this one. I wanna kill him."

"Guys.." I sighed.

"No. He's lead you both on for months now, playing the part as if he was going to be with the both of you and then just drops? So suddenly like it meant nothing to him at all?"

Suddenly, Hyunjin starts bursting into tears again. I snapped a look at Hyuka and he immediately looked like he regretting saying a thing. Even Jungkook was glaring at him, even after basically saying the same thing just moments prior.

Joong stood and coughed for our attention, then bent down in front of Hyunjin who looked at him with glossy eyes.

"How does hot chocolate and warm cookies sound, sweetheart?" Joong brush his fingers against Hyunjin cheek and tucked a long strand of hair behind his ear.

"G-good." Hyunjin said with a very heavy case of sniffles. Joong looked at me and I nodded my agreement.

"Jisung put on a movie, nothing too sappy while I make these some cocoa and warm up some cookies for them."

After that Joong instantly went into "momma" mode, so to speak. Making sure everyone was taken care off, especially Jinnie and I. We had tissues, snacks provided for us. Warm blankets.  Comfort from our closest friends. Made me wonder if Heeseung knew. Which he probably did, I had no doubt.

After a while we stopped crying, but not because we felt better. Not even close.

But because we had no more tears left to cry.

————
[A/N]

Yes a double update. I will asking for your forgiveness for a good minute. But for a more positive view, there's plenty of chapters left, it's not over yet.

Til my next update honeybees,
Cece 🤍