41

The blinding sunlight shined through the small window and I suddenly regretted not closing the curtain last night

The blinding sunlight shined through the small window and I suddenly regretted not closing the curtain last night. I squeezed my eyes tightly before opening them, adjusting them to the bright light.

Jeongin was laying beside me, laying on his stomach as his arms were trapped under his head amongst the pillow, his fading blue hair sprayed out over his face. Face in a peaceful resting expression. His shirtless upper body being exposed a little as the blanket was resting around his waist. His shoulder muscles relaxed but somehow stiff.

I smiled as I realized why he was still here. He asked if I wanted him to stay after last night. Being with him was different than the crazed desperate I always felt with Felix. He took his time, he was gentle but not any less passionate. There was no rush and it felt like the moment could last forever.

I reached my hand up to caress his cheek brushing hair away from his eyes. He didn't stir awake from my touch, simply slept through it. But I could have sworn a small smile had formed on his lips.

I uncovered myself and stood from the bed, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The hickeys on my neck were from Felix, Jeongin noticed them but didn't say anything, he only smiled at them and asked if he could make a few of his own. And he did. My eyes trailed down to my lower torso in the mirror where he has showered my hipbones with little purple marks.

I glanced at the boy laying in my bed and smiled, before walking out of the room and stepping into bedroom next door. I washed myself up really quick and combed my messy hair down.

When I returned to the bedroom, Jeongin was still sleeping and I was debating whether or not to wake him up. We still had breakfast plans.

I sat down on the side of the bed he was on, he head turned away from me. I stroked his spine and I watched as he has a bodily reaction to it. He stirred slightly, turning towards the source. He grabbed me around me waist and pulled me towards him on the bed. He didn't make a sound or even open his eyes. Just snatched my up and pulled me to his chest. I smiled brightly to myself at the movement, trying to keep my head on straight. As comfortable as this was we still needed to wake up, unless of course we wanted brunch instead of breakfast.

I just laid there, my head against his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around me as if I was a childhood teddy bear he was too fond of. I was listening to his steady breathing and soft heartbeat. A heartbeat that was music entirely on its own. So calm and relaxed, it had a perfect pace; a perfect melody.

The sound was disturbed by the echoed thump of footsteps coming down the stairs. Mom or Heeseung was awake. But by the sound of clanging pots upstairs in the kitchen, I knew it was mom.

"Jeongin." I said his name, the sound of my voice muffled by his chest. He groaned and stirred, ignoring my half-hearted plea to wake him up. I held a smirk on my face and debated my next move.