36

I leaned my head against the window on the train

I leaned my head against the window on the train. My warm breath frosting the cold glass with a layer of fog that slowly dissipated before reforming again with each breath. Outside amongst the ground laid a thin layer of shimmering white snow and a thing layer of frost grew up the trunks of trees.

Snowflakes sprinkled from the sky like a child was pouring glitter on paper. The sun was shining barely through thin white clouds.

The music in my earbuds drowned out any sound from other passengers. It was too early in the morning for me since I had decided to book the first train to Seoul... at 4 am in the morning. Lucky I'd be there by the time Heeseung is normally up and about and has already had caffeine in his system.

And luckily again.. the seats were decently comfortable enough for me to fall asleep and get extra rest on the ride there.

After the first stop on the way, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to me a white blond man staring down at me with a warm smile, dressed in a suit. I removed an earbud.

"Sorry to bother, but mind if I sit here?" I looked around to see all the other seats had already been taken, so it wasn't like we either had much of a choice.

I gestured for him to take a seat, moving my backpack between my legs. He took the seat next to me. Ruffling up his hair and settling his own bag by him and a cup of coffee in a hand he turned to me with a smile. "Thank you. I'm Woojin by the way."

"I'm Hyunjin." I gave him a polite smile. I've never had a seat buddy so willing to share something as personal as a name to a complete stranger. But he was kind, gave of such a warm and accepting aura.

"On your way to Seoul too?" He asked taking a zip of his coffee as he held it in both his hands.

"Yea. It's Christmas break for me." I sat up straight in my seat and snapped my earbuds back into their rightful case. It was only polite, if I was going to be engaging in a conversation.

"Ah. I'm heading back from a business trip early. I'm on my way to Seoul to surprise my girlfriend." He gave a smile.

"That's sweet. Thank you, for your service." I nodded politely to him out of respect.

"Thank you." Another sip of coffee. "You're wearing an academy letter jacket? You go to a school still?"

"Yes. Silverbrook Private Academy." I informed.

"No way! I graduated from there two years ago! It was such a nice school."

"Wow. Small world huh?" I smiled.

"I suppose so. So, Hyunjin. Going home to family for the holidays? Any plans for vacation?" Woojin's smile never strayed from being endearing and I found a comfort in sharing things with a stranger I'd never see again.

"Staying with a friend this year. My parents are out of the country. So I'm probably just gonna try to have as much fun as I can." I shrugged my shoulders. Yea, my parents were out of the country. It reminded me of the call I got from my mother the other day.