48

[Jeongin pov]

[Jeongin pov]

I had finished packing up my suitcase and wheeled it down the stairs to set by the front door. My grandparents waiting for me in the living room.

"It was nice having you for the holidays dear." My Halmeoni said as she gave me a hug. "Tell your mother I said hi for me. She hasn't been returning our calls."

"That's cause her and dad won't make up their mind about being divorced or being back together." I joked in a harsh tone.

"Aish. You're mother and her obsession with that man." She shook her head.

"Tell me about it. I have to deal with it personally."

"How do you feel about it?" Halabeoji asked as he stood from the couch, using his knees as support.

"I love both my parents. I just wish they would choose one and stop with the on-off thing. It's effects more than just them and I don't think they see that." I shrugged.

"Love blinds most people. If we can even call what they have love." Halmeoni said with the shake of her head. "Anyway dearie, your brother is waiting for you. Off you go, you don't want to miss your train."

"You have your identification and ticket right?" Halabeoji asked me, making sure I was completely prepared.

"Yes, sir." I smiled and bid them goodbyes with long hugs. It's probably be another year or two before I'd see them again. My mother was picky when it came down to sending me off to my grandparents.

I wheeled my suitcase out of the house, my brother leaning against the trunk of his car, waiting for me to get closer before popping it open and lifting my suitcase in neatly.

"Thanks hyung."

He nodded to me and gestured me to the passengers seat. Today he wasn't speaking. He often had days like that. Where'd he'd just go mute entirely, mainly because of how he was feeling. He started doing that ever since our little brother passed.

"Not a good morning hyung?" I asked and he shook his head. I rubbed his shoulder when he sat down in the drivers seat and he offered me a small smile at the gesture.

We learned that he suffered from depression when he was younger. Only after two years of him being completely mute. It took two years for our mom to do something, probably because she was two busy figuring out if she wanted to remarry our father. I feel like this would've been easier on him if she'd noticed sooner. But shit happens right? Parents never learn do they?

The ride was silent as to be expected. The only noise was the faded sound tires against the asphalt. The sound of the blinker came of with that soft tic tic tic tic tic tic. Followed by the harsh tic as it stopped.

I watched out the window as the station was as busy as usual. Families and other sorts of crowds flooding in and out. But I noticed one thing in particular cause how could I not... Hyunjin and Felix were waiting for me at the entrance.