11

• Chapter 11 •

Chapter 11 •

I sat in the bleachers with Jisung as we looked over the football field. The teams was going back and forth doing football things that I didn't understand. The ball rolled across the turf as a player kicked it towards the goal net.

I never understood the hype of watching a bunch of sweaty boys running around chasing a ball, until now. It's not the sport. It's everything else. The wet hair, they way their jaws tense up when hydrating. I don't know how sweat suddenly become so attractive.

I watched as Changbin walked towards the water station with a teammate. The two of them were joking around and laughing. I recognized the guy he was with. He was my desk partner in Chemistry. So he can talk. Just chooses not to talk to me. Now that I think about it, I didn't even know the dudes name. We haven't been assigned partner assignments yet, and I doze off half the time so it's not like I pay attention.

"Jisung, that's my chem partner right?"

"Who?" Jisung's averted his eyes from the field towards Changbin and my lab partner. "Oh, yea. Why?"

"I don't know his name. We don't talk at all." I said.

"Oh. That's because Jungkook doesn't talk to anyone at all really. I'm surprised he's talking to Changbin. He stopped really showing effort towards people when his two friends graduated last year."

That's... relatable in a way.

It reminded me of how I felt when I came here. I didn't want to try because I thought it wouldn't make any difference without Heeseung and his ridiculous sense of humor.

I looked at Jisung, who scooted forward on the metal bench, his eyes trained keenly on the field ahead as the plays for the game were rehearsed over and over. I thought it was odd for me to consider someone a friend so quickly. It's only been a week. Especially someone as wild and hyper active as this one.

I then looked back to the field, spotting Changbin pacing on the field. He made more sense. Calm and collected but new when it was okay to get a little crazy, but still odd.

I never considered people friends so quickly. Heeseung was a part of my childhood, so he had a VIP pass.

Would I consider any of the others a friend? Maybe, I eat lunch and live with all of them. Chan would probably be up next on the friend list or Jeongin if he wasn't so flaky.

I zoned back in to realized Jisung had moved down to the fence and was talking Changbin. After getting up and joining them, I realized they were taking about how much longer practice was gonna be.

"It's looking like we are gonna be here for a couple more hours." Changbin said, slightly panting and taking a few huge gulps of water from his bottle. Strands of his now wet hair were sticking to his forehead.