40

We walked into Heeseung's house, both of us were mentally drained

We walked into Heeseung's house, both of us were mentally drained. Not knowing what to say to each other. I was beyond emotion right now and he was in complete shock.

I tossed my car keys into the bowl on the cabinet that was set up by the door. My coat being hung on the coat rack. Ms. Lee was waiting for us in the living room light off, we didn't notice her until the light came on.

"Where the hell were you two?" She seemed worried.

"At his parents.." Heeseung said rearing his hands against the table. "Mom? Why did you and dad split again?" Ms. Lee's eyes went wide with shock at his seeming random question.

"He.. uhm.. he was having an affair, Seung. You know that." She admitted and the piece fit the puzzle my parents gave me perfectly.

"Did you know that he had a son with another woman?" He asked again and she gulped, glancing at me quickly before looking away.

"Why are you.."

"My parents are getting a divorce, Ms. Lee. And it's because my Dad isn't my father." I answered for Heeseung. "They told me, that I'm a Lee. And it's why you always disliked my mother."

"I had my suspicions but I never... oh my god, Hyunjin." Her hand covered her mouth and she looked like she was about to cry. "I always thought your mother was the other woman, but I never... I never realized.. Oh my god."

She was just as shocked about this as we were. She knew her husband was unfaithful. That's why they divorced. She knew my mother was the other woman and that's why she wasn't particularly fond of the woman. But of course, like me, she never in a million years would've guessed that I was the product of their infidelity.

The world is such a disgusting, dishonest place. You're married to a someone, you betray them for another. You claim to love someone and break such a strong claim. Promises promises promises.

I wanted to cry again, but my eyes wouldn't let me as if they had been emptied of their contents and they needed time to replenish.

My mother was an unfaithful woman, a disgrace to me. My dad.. wasn't even my real father. They were getting a divorce, there was no saving their marriage after tonight. Maybe there would've have been a chance if I hadn't found those papers.

I'm old enough to choose my home, right? My fathers name is on my birth certificate. He's a legal guardian, not the sperm donor my mother decided to place herself with. I could always choose to live with him, if he'd even take me. He had always been the better parent. It's so weird, it's normally the fathers that are the worst.

I began to wonder how long my dad had suspicions about my mothers sneaking around. How long he had know. When did he begin to suspect that I wasn't his blood?

To make everything worse, this effected more than just my family. It effected theirs. Heeseung, Ms. Lee. I was a walking, breathing, living confirmation of her ex-husbands betrayal. I was the uncovered evidence. The mistake that wasn't realized until too late.