4

• Chapter 4 •

Chapter 4 •

I walked into the two story home, Chan was helping me wheel in my luggage. By the looks of it no one else was home.

"There are 6 others that live here. The bedroom we have open is the second one we have just down the hall."

The home had a nice little bohemian touch to it. There were quiet a few plants. I wonder whose obsession that belonged to.

I followed Chan down the hall and he sat my suitcases on the unmade bed.

"There's extra bedding down the hall in the stage closet. This is your room for the next two years so I would make yourself at home."

"Don't remind me." I said, not wanting to have much conversation.

"Look, I can tell you don't want to be here. But really it's a good school. And you'll get to meet your other roommates later tonight when they get back from the assembly." Chan seemed to be trying his hardest to make me welcome. "I'll leave you to it. I have to get back but..." Chan looked around and pulled out a pen and sticky note from the desk in the corner of the room. "Text me if you need anything." He gave me a cheerful smile and gave me two thumbs up before scurrying out the door.

Within a second, I felt guilt for being so unnecessary. Mom would be disappointed.

"Chan?" I said stepping out of the room to see he was already almost out the door.

"Yea?" He asked over his shoulder.

"Co-could you help me unpack?" I asked, turning slightly back to the room, looking at my suitcases and then him again.

"I, uh, sure yea." I noticed him look out the front door before closing it all the way.

"Thanks." I said walking back into the room, Chan entered shortly after.

"How do you.." Chan started looked between my two suitcases.

"Red one goes in the closet. Jeans with jeans shirts with shirts, you get the gist." I opened up my black one and started organizing my stuff drawer by drawer.

The room was silent except for the rustling of clothes and hangers and the screeching pull of the drawers.

I pulled out all my electronics and notebooks and organized them on the desk.

"I'm done with this one. Do you need any extra help?" Chan come over to me and asked as he watched my place everything around the room.