46

Despite the holidays, the city was still as busy as ever

Despite the holidays, the city was still as busy as ever. Traffic was a pain in the ass as usual, but I knew it was the after work hours rush. We wanted to get out of the house, after being cooped up in my bedroom for hours.

Felix was squeezing himself through the two front seats to search through channels for a good station. But he eventually gave up and sunk back into the backseat and left it on a station that was on a commercial break.

The lights from the city cascading a glow all around us in a variety of bright colors, contrasting against the black sky. The sidewalks were the only thing that were empty.

The stoplight ahead turned red and I gently eased the brakes to a full stop. I took the time between the other traffic lanes to stretch in the seat slightly and pop my back. It's been so long since I've had to endure driving.

The drive was mostly silent and peaceful aside from the faint commercial speaker over the radio. Jeongin was drawing circles on the back of my hand as my arm rested on my center console. Felix started humming the tune of a song once it began playing over the radio and I couldn't help but smile.

"So where are we even going?" Jeongin asked.

"I don't know. You guys wanted to do something out of the house. I'm just the driver." I said with a chuckle.

"Go to the park out by Han river." Felix said, immediately suggesting for us to walk around in the cold. Even though I wanted to protest, it was the only idea we had at the given moment. So I took the next left turn and headed towards the mentioned park.

The city got more and more desolate as it got further into the night hours and eventually we reached the park. I shut off the car after parking. There was two other cars in the lot.

I got out and opened the back seat, waiting for Felix to climb out before grabbing all of our coats. The freezing temperature would be easier to withstand with the extra layer.

I slipped into my trench coat and we began walking towards the pathway, that looped around the whole area. The park was extremely quiet except for the sound of out footsteps against to the ground and the occasional water fountain we passed that would make soft sloshing noises.

"Definitely a good choice in scenery." Jeongin said as we walked past the open side of the park that looked out over the river. Felix and I smiled as Jeongin hopped his way over to the railing and looked out of the water, his upper body slightly leaning over the metal.

I walked up behind him to closely spot him and keep him from falling. Not that he would, but just in case.

Jeongin lowered himself down and bumped into me. He looked at me with surprise before apologizing. I looked over at Felix, who was staring at the younger boy with a small smile, threatening to become bigger within seconds.

"Let's continue walking, shall we?" I suggested and we all took off from the spot we stood, passing by an older couple that was walking the opposite direction back towards the parking lot.