Chapter 49

• I don't know if the music feature is now on your Wattpad application but if it is, listen to Try Hard which would be on the side (?) wat. •

After school, Megumi asked you to stay after hours inorder for both of you to discuss your current matters privately.

Fortunately, Akashi has basketball practice today thus, you don't have to go home alone and you can probably commence the plan while on the way back to his mansion.

So here you are, sitting under a sakura tree, arm propped up while your chin was placed on your palm, trying your best to stay awake while Megumi reads the whole anaconda-length paper.

"Tip #128 out of 300-" You let out a tired groan, completely removing your arm so that your face now meets the table.

"Megumi, you have been atleast reading a hundred of those and I still can't seem to find a suitable non-dignity losing strategy." You grumbled, sadly glaring at your classmate who just snorted in a reply.

"You haven't even let me finished Tip #128! Try hinting about your interest in him like show a little bit of affection!" She grins at you as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Show a little bit of affection? How is that far from losing my dignity?" You frowned, turning your head towards the gymnasium where the Rakuzan basketball team was practicing at, not really far from where you and Megumi are.

"Oh, come on. That's probably the least worse tip on here and we would be here by your side to support you!"

You looked back at Megumi and furrowed your eyebrows once again.

" 'We' ?" You asked, quite confused on who was the second person who would be supporting you.

Megumi replies with nothing, instead she calmly smiles. Everything turned quiet, the only sound of the wind and the rustling of leaves was quiet.

The rustling became more audible and louder thus turning your head to a nearby bush that had a mixed of pink leaves that fell down the sakura tree.

A few more suspicious rustling, there came out the one and only fabulous living being in the whole world.

"Meeeee!" The megane brunette strucks a pose, holding up a piece sign as you sweatdropped, looking over at Megumi who now was grinning widely at you.

"You see, after when you confess and if Ella-chan is there, she could just really steal the scene and make the tension go bye bye since I believe she still hasn't got over about Akashi-san not paying for her ticket. You know what I'm saying?" Megumi explains as you grumbled again but you have to admit though, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

"Well, it seems like a good ide-" Before you could even finish your statement, Megumi bolts up and grabs you by the arm, heading towards the gymnasium as Ella simply skips, tailing behind you two.

"W-Wha?! Me-Megumi-chan, I would like to do it privately! Without the others knowing. It's embarassing." You pleaded as Megumi stops dragging you and turns her head towards you.

"Hm? Well, alright but me and Ella would be just hiding then." Megumi frees you out of her grip and starts walking away, you following suit as Ella did as well.

"What are you even doing here?" You asked Ella, who furrowed her eyebrows at you.

"Didn't Megumi-chan already explained about what is my purpose here?" She asks, tilting her head in a curious manner as you shook your head and continued to walk away.

"But do remember, (F/N)-chan. You gotta try hard to achieve it!"

T i m e s k i p

In the spare time, you and Megumi both did your homework together and just in time for the basketball team's practice was over.

You were currently trailing timidly behind Akashi, hesitant if you should do it now or later.

"Should I....? Nah, the team is still here. It would be embarassing." You thought to yourself, even managing to bump your forehead as you entered the car.

You hissed and rubbed the pained area, Akashi peering over your face to make sure you were okay.

"Are you alright?" He asks as you nod.

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern." You mumbled as Akashi nods, planting a kiss on your forehead causing blood to rush over your cheeks somehow imitating a cherry.

Akashi noticing your reaction, chuckled and went back to what he was doing while he interwined his and your hands together.

"How about now?" You asked yourself, unconciously biting your lip as you glanced out of the window.

Your eyes widened, seeing both Megumi and Ella casually running after the car, you mentally facepalming as Megumi sends you a thumbs up and as Ella rubs both of her hands together in a creepy manner.

Ella isn't actually there to support you. She's just really there to get even with Akashi, which was the thing she has been longing to do so and it seens to be tge perfect timing as well.

T i m e s k i p A g a i n Y a y

The car then stops infront of the mansion, the chaffeur opening the door as Akashi guides you out of the car.

"Psst." You heard someone call and you looked around, probably Megumi and her companion.

Your eyes landed on another bush, seeing suspicious eyes on it, automatically thinking it was already the two.

"Do it now." Megumi mouths towards you as you shook your head, clearly and obviously not ready to do so. Megumi facepalms and repeats what she had mouthed again.

You gave in as you mentally groaned, looking up at the horizon to find it with a beautiful shade of purple,orange, and pink, the afternoon sky.

"I wonder what gesture is she going to use?" Megumi asks towards Ella, who shrugs her shoulders as they both continued peeking through the bush like it wasn't creepy at all.

"Is she going to peck his cheek or something? Oh oh! Maybe on his lips?! Or maybe a hug?! This is too exciting that my heart is leaping out of my chest!" Megumi excitedly squeals out loud, making both you and Akashi turn to the bush.

"What was that?" Akashi asks to no one in particular, approaching the bush where Megumi and Ella were hiding, his hand still holding yours.

You took this opportunity to stop him in his tracks. If he finds two idiots behind that bush then that would not lead to something good.

"I-It was probably a squirrel!" You nervously said, Akashi looking at your furrowed eyebrows as you worriedly glanced at the bush.

"Quick! What does a squirrel even say?!" Megumi asks Ella, who quickly reacts to her question.

"Squirrel squirrel." Ella says out loud, 'mimicking' a highpitched voice as you and Megumi facepalmed from where you both are.

"Squeak!" Megumi quickly replies, a very acceptable squirrel noise that made Akashi nod his head and turn around, walking away from the bush with a sigh of relief.

You turned your head back to see both of them mouthing 'Do it now before we lost our patience and jump out of this bush'.

You hesitantly nod and look back at Akashi, who was still walking and holding your hand.

"I hope it's a kiss!" Megumi excitedly murmurs under her breath.

You inhaled deeply before confidently doing, which was to show affection towards him.

You simply planted your face into his back, in which you call an affectionate gesture.

"That's not how yo- umfp!" Megumi was about to retort and jump out of the bush but fortunately, Ella held her back and managed to clasp a hand over her mouth to prevent her from talking.

"What are you doing?" A curious tone was evident in Akashi's voice, looking from the corner of his eyes to look down at you, face still planted behind his back.

"Em shewming ammecion." You replied muffledly, making Akashi chuckle and ruffle your hair affectionately.

He doesn't really understand what you had meant, meaning it's not a confession and meaning, you still have a long long long long way to go.