Chapter 55

"Who is she? I believe I haven't seen her before." Yato says, peering over your face with a concerned and confuseness on his own.

You stood there still, not even giving a single stimulated response to your surroundings even though Yato is now currently snapping and waving his hand infront of your face, you still did not responded.

"Hello? Earth to (L/N)-san? Are you there? Yoohoo!" Yato phrased, continuiously flicking his hand infront of you.

Yato sighs and withdraws his hand, glancing to the path where Sonia had ran off to.

"Didn't she say she likes Akashi-san? but I thought you and him are in a relatio-"

"We aren't." You suddenly snapped, making Yato flinch by your sudden unexpected response. Your eyes quickly softened, shoulder slumping forward as you looked away, lips in a slant line.

"Though we used to..." You mumbled but still it audible enough for your classmate, who had now just patted your back in a form of sympathy.

You know it, you're aware of it, you acknowledge it. Lying is the last and the worst option to do in these kind of situations but here you are, just recently said a lie, numerous ones to just one innocent being.

You don't know what made you say those words as well. Everything turned upside down, like the earth suddenly revolved in differently instead of just rotating, it turned itself upside down.

"We aren't."
"Though we used to."

And especially to that question:

"Do you love Akashi-san?"

"I... I don't."

You inhaled sharply, avoiding to let the forming tears in your eyes to fall down. You shook your head and gave your best and sincere smile to Yato.

"I'm fine." You cheerfully said, giving Yato a fake happy smile before you removed his hand that was placed on your back.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to meet her downstairs." You mumbled, giving Yato another warm smile before jogging off to where Sonia ran off to.

Once Yato was out of view and that you knew he couldn't see you now, you leaned against the cold concrete wall, face scrunched up as you crossed your arms, huffing in disappointment to yourself.

"What am I doing?" You growled to yourself, fists tigtening against your arms as you shook your head, frowning.

You pushed yourself off of the wall and went on downstairs, finding the girl that made your feelings more unexpressable, Sonia, who was looking out of the window, probably looking at the gym where the squeaky yet loud sounds came from.

She takes note of your prescence and turns her head into your direction, quickly giving you a bright flashy smile before skipping towards you.

"(L/N)-san!" Sonia happily greets, gripping on your wrist lightly, shaking it happily. You awkwardly smiled and retrieved your hand back slowly, Sonia looking at you with such a happy expression.

"Man, she looks so happy! What if I saud the truth?! She would probably sulk, cry and hate me for the rest of my life." You mentally thought as your frowned deepened.

"Huh? (L/N)-san, are you alright?" She asks, tiptoeing to get a better look on your face. You shook your head quickly stepped back.

"Ah, yes! I'm fine." You assured Sonia, who only furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you sure? You don't look fine, It says so in your eyes."

"What does this have to do with my eyes?" You thought.

"Is there a problem on why you're sad?" She asks, tilting her head to the side as a few strands of her hair moved directly to her face.

"Uh, my... golfish died, yeah! To-today is his death anniversary!" You stuttered out a lie, fingers crossed behind your back in hopes of Sonia would just buy your excuse.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for you. Pets are very important in our lives. Belated condolences, (L/N)-san." Sonia gives a soft sad smile before returning to her bubbly state.

She proceeds to lean forward to grab your arm and drags you to the windows, showing you the view of the opened door gym, where you could have sworn you felt your heart ache when you saw a blurry red inside the court.

"Could you think I can talk to him today?" Sonia quietly asks, her hands holding the ledge of the windows as she looks at you, a worried look on her face.

"O-O-Of course! What makes you think you can't?" You asked through the stutterrings as Sonia looks to the side, making you unable to see her face.

"I'm worried that he would just ignore me." Sonia deeply sighs before returning to look back at you. "I'm actually more worried if he already is in a relationship."

"Does he self-proclaiming you're in a relationship together count?" You mentally thought to yourself, feeling like your heart wants to jump out of your chest and go on a fury rampage.

"But..." Sonia continues, snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, awaiting for her continuation.

"I'll just have to move on." Sonia happily says making you nod from where you stood. You quickly stopped in the middle of your nod to look at her with a very very concerned look.

"But I really want Akashi-san!" " She whines as you yelped quietly, growing more and more bewildered of this unknown side version of Sonia.

"Sweet and kawaii Sonia to nervewracking 'nope' Sonia?!" You mentally screamed, awkwardly holding the window bars.

A loud honking noise was heard and Sonia went back to her usual bubbly look, where she had a cute and adorable smile, not like the one recently ago.

"Oh! It seems I wouldn't be able to talk to him today... my driver's here." Sonia sighs. You just quickly nodded and waved a goodbye as she bid hers as well, you still not getting a proper grip on what you had just witnessed to the new person you had just met today.