Chapter 75

After an endless search for a yukata in your closet, you immediately gave up. You let out a loud tired huff as you dropped your own body onto your floor, quite sad to be unable to find and wear a yukata for tomorrow's festival.

"Darn it." You mumbled, staring at the ceiling as you let your arm shade your eyes, vision filling with nothing but the darkness as you allowed your arm to rest on top of your eyes.

You were so deep into thoughts, which were in fact, the randomness of the world that you didn't notice or even heard someone coming in your room.

"(F/N)?" You heard a voice call out, recognizing it was just Ichiro's, you removed your arm that was resting on both of your eyes as you flipped over, now laying on your front on the floor as you looked at your older brother.

"Huh? Oh, Onii-chan, you're home." You softly greeted your brother, still laying in the same position on the floor while looking up at him.

"Are you trying to find your yukata?" He questioned, eyeing the messy pile of clothes that was around your room that was surrounding your body.

"I am, why?" You questioned, eyebrows furrowed as you still continued to look at your brother.

"It's in the laundry room. I heard there was a festival tomorrow so I decided to wash it for you before I left for grocery shopping." Your eyes, with you entirely, along with your conscience, perked up as you flipped yourself over, now laying on your front as you stared at your brother with wide eyes.

"Really?! I thought it was lost!" You sighed in relief, happiness flowing through your body. You were so glad to know you're yukata, was in fact, wasn't thrown or discarded away.

That yukata was very important to you since it was given to you from your mother before she died. (Ouch.)

It was given to you when you were 14, (Your imaginary age here is probably 17.) You never really got to wear that yukata since you weren't allowed to go roaming around, especially at night, which was one of Ichiro's protective rules.

It did quite shock you, hearing him somehow, allowing you to go to that festival with no hesitation. Maybe after what you had said to him that night gave his noggin a shake and hit of realization of his actions.

"I suspect you're going with your friends, aren't you?" He questioned, going inside of your room furthermore to return the pieces of clothing you threw around your room carelessly back inside the closet.

"I'm going with Yato and his cousin, Akira." You replied, propping you chin onto both of your palms as you moved your feet to and fro happily.

"Megumi isn't coming?" Ichiro asked, making you instantly froze on the spot. Even though you haven't really confronted Megumi about that, just by hearing her name made you scowl.

"She's not coming." You immediately replied, a tone of infuriatedness grazing your voice. Your expression was stoic but your eyebrows were pressed together angrily.

"Oh, Is that so? I see." Ichiro calmly replied, not even sensing the anger boring out of your body as you continued laying in a sprawled position on the floor, just like a mad starfish or an angry Patrick Star just like when Spongebob erased his name to Rick.

"Yeah." You said through gritted teeth. You finally decided to stand up from the floor.

"I'll just go and place the groceries in the fridge and cabinets." You mumbled quietly, jogging out of your room and then down to the kitchen where you saw multiple bags of food.

After a few minutes, Ichiro came back from your room to help in the kitchen as well. "Who.. who did you meet up with at the cafe?" He asked, his voice quite hesitant. You looked up at him as you placed eggs inside the fridge and out of its carton.

"Yato-kun and Akira-chan. The same people I'm going to the festival with tomorrow." You replied, closing the fridge as you threw the carton in the trashcan.

"You sure that Yato whatever doesn't like you?" He asked. Your eyes widened as your cheeks flared up with a shade of scarlet grazing your features as you looked at your brother with a mortified expression.

"No, of course not! He only sees me as a friend. Onii-chan, what is with that questio-"

"You don't like him either? It's still that Akashi guy, right?" He asked once again, him stopping on what he was doing to turn and look at you straightly, (E/C) eyeing you suspiciously and for confirmation.

"W-Well..." You don't know what to answer, saying yes could probably send the can of tomato sauce in Ichiro's hand to fly over to your own face but there's no point of lying anymore when it was obvious and when it was already stated.

"Yes." You replied with no hesitation. Ichiro still continued to stare at you, unable to read his eyes whether he's disappointed or okay with you answer. The atmosphere in the kitchen quickly grew tensed as you two stood there.

You were just preparing yourself for a metal can filled with tomato sauce to hit your face in a matter of seconds. After some while, Ichiro broke the silence himself.

"Oh, alright. That's good." He replied, a smile on his face before continuing on placing the other canned goods in the cabinet and shelves.

The tension left your shoulders immediately upon hearing his reply and seeing his smile. You were expecting to actually get another scolding from him telling you to move on but... you actually just got a positive reply.

"Eh? You're not going to butt in about how I should move on?" You asked to be sure, holding a plastic of bread ever so tightly.

"Why would I? You like that Akashi boy so much my lectures are no match for him. You really like him." He sighs, scratching the back of his head before leaning his lower back against the counter to look at you.

"I told myself that whatever your current and future choices in life and in men..., I'm going to support that. Yes, that counts your love for that guy. I want to be better brother and because I don't want you to regret me being your brother."

"So... Are you saying your accepting the fact I love Akashi? And you're willing to support me with my own decisions along with the Akashi thing?" You asked quietly, eyebrows furrowed at your brother.

"Yeah." He hummed. Your brother gave you a small smile as you let out a high pitched scream, dropping whatever you were holding just to engulf your older brother in a hug.

"Thank you!"

A/N:

YAY FOR ICHIRO. //cries

From sh*tty brother to a brother who finally supports your love for Akashi. It's like his eyes were opened by the overly fabulous author of this book. *wink wink*

But anywaaay, 3 more days of freedom before I die.

It's good that Ichiro supports your love life now when my own brother doesn't even support me on highschool Mathematics. ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ