Chapter 54

"Do you love Akashi-san?"

With Sonia's sudden question, it didn't fail on making you choke on a piece of rice ball. Sonia looks at you worriedly, patting your back in hopes of helping on whatever the rice has done to you.

"Do I love Akashi?!" You internally screamed, wiping your mouth with your handkerchief as peered over Sonia's face that was all awaiting for your question.

You examined her. Her gray eyes were twinkling in hope, hope if you do say no or either hope if you say you don't. Her cheeks were in a light tint of pink, embarrassment. You also noticed she isn't breathing, probably hitched her breath in her throat while she anticipated on your answer.

You blinked a few times, battling with your own self-concious on what to do. You have literally no idea on what to say.

"Why does this suddenly became a very hard unanswerable question?" You thought to yourself, unconciously biting your lower lip as you gazed at the sky.

Your feelings right now, they were all mixed up. Shock, sadness, love, happiness, confusion and alot more. They were present in your body and you do not know why.

"I... I don't."

You watch Sonia's eyes sparkle with joy, a big sweet grin plastered on her face as she claps her hands happily, jumping up and down from where she sat.

"I'm glad!" She chirps, placing a hand over her heart, probably a way of reliefness. Why does she look so overjoyed? but most of all, why did I say that?

"A-ah, so you mean, you like A-Akashi?" You stuttered out, playing with a small leftover piece of tamagoyaki, glancing over to Sonia who looked at you, a big smile on her lips still.

"I don't like Akashi-!"

"-I love him!"

This has caused you to maybe choke on air or something but you had to just stop yourself right there since it looks quite suspicious and disrespectful to choke for atleast the second tine around.

You felt your heart shatter a bit, it hardly thumping against your chest and you couldn't help but frown.

You examined Sonia's face again as she peers from above you. The grin she had awhile ago was still happily present, gray eyes were sparkling in what it seems to be affection and love. She truly does look happy on how you answered without even acknowledging your own sake first.

There was no way to undo it now.

You sweatdropped, fighting back the urge to frown and runaway. Instead, you quickly drank the pack of juice you had and packed up, excusing yourself with the reason, 'Class might be starting soon and so.'

"Ah! I need to go now! S-See you around, Sonia-san." You bowed and faked a smile, practically sprinting out from the rooftop with pure reluctant urge.

You stopped, letting out a loud sigh through the bustling crowded hallways. You thank the noise that was erupting around the corridors for it was not for it, everyone would be questioning you.

You walked back to your classroom, to see that everyone was still eating their lunches. You quietly passed by, dropping your own body into your chair and leaned forward onto your desk, slumping your shoulders as your (h/c) covered your face.

You pursued your lips together, breathing heavily as you lightly clutched where your heart was undeniably beating uneasily. Your hand touched the soft thin fabric of your uniform jacket as you let out a quiet sigh.

Sonia's words repeated in your mind like a broken record. "I love him!"

You bit on your lower lip, bringing your head back up high to stare at the whiteboard that stood beyond infront of the class.

"You alright?" A voice speaks up and you looked to the side to see Megumi's boyfriend, Yato.

"Oh, yes. Of course." You flashed him a quick smile as you watchrd him take the seat beside you, occupying the chair of Akashi who was probably still at basketball practice.

"Are you sure? You look so sad." Yato chuckles, taking a sip through the white plastic straw out of his mango juice that had the cover of giraffes.

"Sad? What makes you think that?" You nervously laugh, playing with the hem of your necktie as Yato stops drinking the juice and looks at you.

"You look so sad when the light reflects at you from the window. It looks really dramatic, I feel like I'm in a movie...." Yato continuosly rants about it, not even allowing you pipe out a single word.

"But-"

"Like this was a scene from my favorite movie where the girl's lover just died from war and..." Yato continues on and you actually found yourself listening to him happily blabber about his favorite movie that was from the 90's.

"This is going to take forever..." You quietly thought to yourself.

T i m e s k i p

Dismissal time has finally came and you were currently packing your belongings into your bag as Yato casually strolls over to you, continuing on blabbering about the movie.

You went outside of the classroom and he walked beside you, the neverending topic of why does every favorite character of his dies with no scientifical or magical plot twist of any kind.

"(L/N)-san!" A female voice shouts out your name from behind, making you look back to see Sonia. Just by the sight of her made your heart hurt.

"A-Ah! Sonia-san, is there something you need?" You asked, sweetly layering over the tone of sadness that would have exposed your sadness that lies within you.

"You see- ah, I need to ask a favor from you." She shyly asks, avoiding eye contact with you.

"What is it?" You asked as she looks to the side, a dark blush evident on her cheeks.

"I actually want to talk to.. you know but I don't know how!" She bursted out shyly and you found your poor heart filling with a fluid called envy.

"I-Is that so? Then I'd be glad to." You said, fake smiling at her as a smile grows onto her face, eyes sparkling with joy as she jumps up and down.

"Oh, thank you! thank you! thank you!" She says, bringing her small pale hands with yours and runs away happily, leaving a happy aura behind her.

Just watching her light up like a christmas tree already made you regret your choices.

"Oh my..."