Chapter 72

L a t e r T h a t M o r n i n g

You woke up to the usual melodies of the birds. The atmosphere in your room still remained chilly since from last night, on which made you shiver when you moved out of your bed and when your feet met your bedroom flooring.

You remembered your phone that was probably inside the mazes and puzzles of your-so-called messy bed sheets. You scratched the side of your head before deciding on fixing your bed before going to the bathroom to shower. After somewhat chaotically going on the search for your phone that had lost its own way in your bed during the night, you finally found the piece of technology.

You turned it on as you went straight to the bathroom in order for you to brush your teeth. While brushing your teeth, you glanced at the time on your phone and it indicates, 2:16 PM.

"Woah, did I slept that long?" You mentally asked yourself as you continued brushing your teeth. Besides snuggling tightly against your own bed sheets, it also means that your typically 16 minutes late for your meet up with Yato and whoever, this important person was.

But that is Yato's own fault for waking you up in the middle of the night at exactly 2 AM in the morning, completely cutting off your beauty sleep just to ask if you could meet up for something important. Why couldn't he just wait to text you in the morning where the daylight is in the current horizons? Is it really that important? It better be.

After brushing your teeth, you went ahead to shower. When you had finished, you threw on your clothes, which was just a simple white t-short, black shorts, a pair of black sneakers and to top it all off with a jean cardigan since it was in fact, feels really chilly outside.

You turned on your phone again to check the time, 2:30 PM. "I should hurry up, Yato might think I wouldn't be going." You mumbled quietly to yourself before shoving your phone into your pocket as you opened your door.

While going down the stairs, you saw your brother, Ichiro, who was sitting down on the couch on the living room. For a solid second, you both stared at eachother before you sadly averted your eyes.

You grew nervous as you walked near the door, feeling the intense stare your brother was giving off. After that troubling fight last night, it's still clear that your own brother was still disappointed at you.

"Where are you going?" Ichiro suddenly asked, making you stop from fully exiting out of your house. You still avoided eye contact with him but you did still answer with a quick, "To a cafe."

"That's a shame... I wanted for us to go to the mall or the arcade or something. You know, brother and sister bonding." You could sense the sad tone in your brother's voice though your expression remained still and stoic but you did feel a little sad.

"Maybe next time." You mumbled really quietly under your breath as you exited the house, going on the way to A.E's Cafe that Yato mentioned one of his texts last night.

You would recall passing a cafe called like that every time you walk from your home to school. Before you even knew it, you arrived at the street where the supposedly cafe branch is.

The trees look really vibrant today, its green leaves giving such awe to your eyes. The flowers were in bloom today despite the somewhat cold weather. The colors of each flowers giving their own vibrant colorful shade.

And finally, the cafe came into view. It looks like a garden patio from the outside, which incredibly blends in with the trees and the flowers. The outsides have small flower boxes planted with flowering shrubs. From where you stood, you could see Yato from the inside since he was sitting where glass panes stood.

As expected, he wasn't alone. He was talking to someone, a girl specifically which quickly made your eyes widen as you hid behind a lamp post, squinting your eyes on the mysterious girl.

Her hair color resembles quite well with Sonia's, which made you think. "What is she doing here?! And why is Yato talking to her?" You sharply inhaled, ready to barge in the Cafe like you just saw your own boyfriend (who is non currently present at this time) has just cheated on you but this was in fact, Yato cheating on Megumi.

You pushed the glass door open as the bell rang a soft tune, the intoxicating smell of bitterness and sweetness even with a scent of vanilla swiftly passing through your nostrils.

"Yato-kun! What is this?" You kept your voice quiet, paying respect to the other customers inside the cafe and careful not to make such a fuss. You exaggeratedly moved your hands to present the unknown girl.

"Oh, (F/N)-chan, you're here!" Yato says quite surprised as you nodded, placing a hand on your hips.

"Clearly. Now, tell me, why is Sonia here?" At your question, Yato's eyes widened as he quickly stood up, explaining through stutters.

"N-No, (F/N)-chan! Yo-You got it all wrong, this isn't Sonia. Sh-She's-"

"Don't tell me she's The Sonia of the Meyato ship?!" You gasped, your hands immediately flying over your mouth in shock and surprise.

"If Megumi knew about this, you're going to be so dead! You mean are the same-" Before you could even finish your sentence fully, you were cut off by Yato.

"She's my cousin!"

"Leaving us brokenhearted with no explana- Eh? What? Cousin!?" You asked quite shocked and embarrassed that you just misidentified someone with the person you truly hate, slamming your hands against the table to peek at the girl.

The girl was apparently just the same age range Sonia is in and her hair is relatively close but it was actually silver, confirming it when her hair shone along with the sunlight. Instead of gray eyes, her eyes glimmered with the shade of green and she looked nothing like Sonia."

"A-Ah. Hello, I'm Sakimaki Akira, nice to meet you, (L/N)-senpai."

A/N:

Well, sadly the important person isn't Akashi and I apologized for that ^u^;.