Chapter 59

Since after the fight, you have been avoiding any kind of interaction with Ichiro throughout the night. You'd leave your little cavern for only a few minutes, just to get maybe a glass of water in the middle of the dark kitchen with only the light of fridge giving you light source. After that, you returned to your room, possibly even tripping on the stairs.

Here you are now, wideawake in the middle of the night, tossing and turning alot of times. Who could blame you? After fighting with your brother and gaining a restriction to not love Akashi at all is not easy, especially when he even ordered you to help your newly-met rival.

That aching feeling in your heart was still present and you acknowledge the fact that it won't leave any time soon.

You stared at the blank ceiling, looking directly at the foremost corner of the room. And so here you thought, "Should I do what he says?".

That question repeated over and over and over in your mind, making you groan and bury your face with your pillow in frustration. You lifted your head up from your pillow after a few minutes, now just directly staring at the window, hopefully waiting for a miracle to happen that this problem of yours would just go away.

You groaned again, which was followed by a loud thumped from the guestroom.

"Go to sleep." You heard Ichiro say in a groggy, annoyed yet sleepy voice. You held a ticked-off expression upon hearing his voice as you angrily stared at the wall in which, behind that was the guestroom.

If only you have super laser eyes, that exact wall would be burning now in all honesty.

You huffed and turned away from the wall, burying your face into your pillow and prayed that you can atleast get an hour of sleep or so.

T h e N e x t D a y

You woke up as early as possible just for the sake of not encountering your brother, Ichiro. Ever since the tension-filled night, you had been ignoring Ichiro and have been avoiding him all over the house in the method of locking yourself in your room for until you hear him enter the guestroom.

You quickly entered the bathroom to shower, showering in the speed of light. After that, you dressed yourself up in your uniform, leaving the house without a word and quite glad that Ichiro didn't woke up yet considering of him being an earlybird.

You stuffed your hands in your jacket's pocket, feeling the cold atmosphere of the early morning brought a small smile on your face as you continued on your way.

"(F/N)-chan?" You hear voice and yoy quickly turned around, seeing Megumi and Yato.

"Good morning?" You replied, quite unsure for some reason as Megumi gave you a happy smile, tugging your arm as she walked forward.

"Aren't you supposed to be coming to school with Akashi-san?" She asked whilst Yato followed the two of you from behind, listening intently.

"Oh, darn. What am I going to say now?" You thought to yourself, huffing in the process. Is it better to lie or not? You may even get away with lying but if you didn't, who knows what would even happen to your problem.

This is Megumi, the friend of yours that tries to help you but just might even make it worst.

"I just want to go and see how my house is doing while I was away." You lied, biting your lower lip as Megumi looked at you. You hoped that you got away with your lie.

"Oh, okay!" She replied, walking past you as you exhaled a relief, placing a hand over your chest.

"Glad that she didn't even notice that I lied." You thought to yourself.

"You suck at lying, (L/N)-san."

You turned around again, immediately holding an 'Oh, no. I got caught with lying.' kind of face. Your breath hitched in your throat, eyes slightly awide as you looked at Yato.

"It's because of that girl from yesterday, am I correct?"

"No! I mean- no, it's not her." You flinched at his question but quickly reacted, placing a hand over your hip before turning around and jogging next to Megumi on the way to school.

While on the way, you'd glance from behind, looking at Yato, whobwas surprisingly looking at you as well, giving you an apologetic look and a sympathethic smile as well.

T i m e s k i p

It was now currently break time and you decided to go back to the rooftop, hoping Sonia wouldn't be there.

Akashi had basketball practice once again, meaning, the seat beside you was unoccupied and well, you were both happy and sad at the same time.

Happy that he wasn't there because you still don't know what to act around him anymore and sad, still thinking that he might be angry at you for that unknown reason.

You opened the door to the rooftop, immediately frowning at the girl who was sitting down on the floor.

Sonia flashed you a smile as you walked towards where she sat, sitting down as well. You gave her a fake smile, trying not to frown now that just by seeing her, it's already making the pain in your heart worsen.

"(L/N)-san, can we try talking to my beloved one today? If it's fine with you." She asked, nibbling on a piece of shrimp as she waited for you to answer.

"Your beloved one?" You mentally repeated, biting down on a piece of seaweed. A ticked-off expression held on your face.

"Sure. Let's try to talk to him today, alright?" You accepted, holding a fake happy smile as you screamed in your mind, not liking how what this is your brother wants you to do.

While eating, Sonia would ask of you alot of things, Akashi-releated things that would just make your poor heart pang in agony. You would just reply in short yet still understandable answers though.

After finishing your food, you packed up and went downstairs, Sonia immediately walking besides you.

"Aren't you supposed to be going to your uncle's office?" You asked, furrowing your eyebrows at the shorter one.

"Ah, yes but I want to walk with you to your classroom." She replied, giggling in the end as you nodded.

Once nearing your classroom, you opened the door, seeing an all familiar hair colour, making you freeze in spot, your company lightly squealing from where she stood.

"It's my beloved one! Quick! What should I do?!" She asked in a panicked way as you stood there, heart going crazy, just wanting to talk to him.

"(L/N)-san?"

"(L/N)-san!"

You were brought back to reality as you turned your head towards Sonia who was indeed panicking.

"What should I say to him?! Does my hair look okay?! How about my teeth?! Do they have food bits inbetween them?! How about ny breath? Does it stink?! I knew I shouldn't have eaten that onion ring!"

"Re-Relax... you look fine." You lied, eye twitching slightly.

"Just go say hi, I guess. Introduce yourself and some sort." You said quietly closing your eyes. When you opened them once again, Sonia wasn't besides you anymore, rather she was now inside your classroom, actually having a conversation with Akashi, surprisingly it looks good.

You stood there with a frown, just watching your rival whom you just helped with, actually have a normal conversation made your heart want to run away and hide.

Adding another pack of pain to your organ, you saw both of them laugh, feeling all so heavy and glum now.

"I get it noooow." You heard a voice say behind you and you turned around, seeing Megumi with a pitiful smile.

You just gave her a small sad smile before returning your attention to the two, watching them from the doorway of the classroom.