Chapter 74

You, Yato and his cousin, Akira, all chatted through the afternoon. You three talked about the most random things. Even going as far on trying to solve the questions, 'Is space infinite?' and 'Are there really parallel universes?'. You also got to knew more things about Akira. She studies at Seirin High as a freshman and would be a sophomore next school year.

Every summer, she gets to spend a lot of time with her cousin, which is Yato, and which is why she's very close to the said male, also knowing a lot of things that is currently happening. Akira is very open-minded, honestly saying what she thinks out loud, making her such a very talkative person. She's really bubbly and literally sees the good in life. As what Yato said, she is in fact, a little ball of energy that doesn't get tired.

"(F/N)-senpai, would you like to come with us to the festival tomorrow?" Akira asked rather enthusiastically, standing from where she was sitting and brought her face close to you, a smile plastered on her face as she awaited for your answer.

"A-Ah! Akira, I think (F/N)-chan would rather stay at home and maybe just spend time with her brother since they did fi-" You cut Yato off by your answer.

"Sure! I'd love to." You happily agreed, making Akira squeal in delight, gaining alot of attention from the customers inside the cafe. You sheepishly dug yourself lower on the cushioned seat you were sitting on.

"Are you sure? Didn't you tell us awhile ago that he wanted to spend time with you? Yato asked with a surprised expression and tone, eyebrows furrowed at you as he questioned.

"Well, I'm not really ready to spend time with him after all I said. No rudeness intended though." You said, scratching the back of your head with a frown.

"Aww! (F/N)-senpai, don't be sad because my uncle said that if you're sad, then the yukata you would be wearing will look ugly!" Akira pointed out.

"Akira, I don't think what Papa said was even true-"

"Nonsense! When we went to the festival, you looked horrible with that yukata of yours! She frowned, taking a bite off of the slice of strawberry shortcake she ordered just recently.

"I wan't even sad at that time!" Yato said with a flustered look, reaching over the table to pinch the girl's cheeks out of annoyance.

"Then that yukata must really looked horrible on you." She said, swatting her cousin's hand away from her reddened nose with a frown.

You could only giggle at the relationship of the two. It makes them look like siblings than they are of cousins, which actually, made you quite sad that you don't have a relationship like or similarly to this with your brother.

Ichiro, growing up and still is, is a really happy-go-lucky and friendly boy. Although, his protectiveness, especially towards you could really go off the hook in a matter of seconds. Truth be told, growing up with his way of shielding you from danger just wanted you to snap a rock into half meaning, it annoyed the hell out of you.

A lot.

Yato quickly took notice of your frown and immediately question you. "(F/N)-chan, are you alright? Is something wrong?"

You snapped back to reality as he questioned. You shook your head and quickly smiled at the male.

"Of course."

"I see. It's getting pretty late as well. Akira has a very early bedtime." Yato chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"I don't have a bedtime!" Akira defended with a mouth full of cake.

"I agree. We should get going now especially we sat on this table for like, over a decade already. You giggled, sliding out from the seat you sat on as Yato followed suit as his younger cousin took a huge bite before scurrying off and following the two of you.

"We'll be on our way then." Yato bid you a farewell as you two walked a few meters from the cafe, waving at you with a smile before walking away with his cousin.

"Bye bye, (F/N)-senpai! See you tomorrow!" Akira shouted, waving at you enthusiastically. You let out a small giggle, giving the said girl a small wave before you went on your own way as well.

While on the way back to your house, you managed to accidentally bump into someone, making your bottom meet the concrete ground as you let out a small squeak.

"I-I'm sorry!" You quickly, stood up immediately bowing to the person who you had just accidentally bumped into. After you stood back straightly, you were met by a young teen, the same age as you that had blue hair. Your eyes locked with another pair, color in such a beautiful shade of baby blue.

You instantly got lost in the strangers' eyes, reminding you the beautiful shade of the cloudless skies during the day or maybe the clear waters of a lake in the countryside during spring.

But they were no match for those red-golden eyes of Akashi.

"A-Ah! I apologize again!" You snapped back to reality, bowing deeply again with a shade of scarlet against your features before you walked to the side and jogged away.

"I hope I wasn't staring at his eyes for a really long time." You sheepishly mumbled, mentally scolding you for your actions.

In no time, you were back in your house. You closed the door behind you and locked it, making sure no intruders would get in your house.

You opened your mouth to say something, closing them once again when you felt hesitant but you still did so anyways.

"Onii-chan, I'm home." You shouted although there were no replies in stored for you. You frowned, immediately going to the kitchen, a yellow note on the one of the marbled-counters in the kitchen.

You walked to the counter, picking up the small piece of paper as you read it.

"Went grocery shopping. I'll be back soon. -Ichiro." You tucked the paper into your pocket before leaving the kitchen and then back to your room.

Rather of changing clothes, instead, you went straight for your closet, quickly searching for a yukata to wear for tomorrow's festival.

"I hope I do actually have one..."

A/N:

Whale, apparently, school starts NEXT week. This monday was just orientation ;u;. I was so looking forward to classes to be only disappointed but atleast, I still have time to get ready for my introduction and not be a stuttering-mess.

But heeeeeey, who is that baby blue-eyed stranger? ٩◔‿◔۶