Chapter 52

No one answered if which POV they prefer so I will just go back to second POV.

T h e F o l l o w i n g D a y •

Since that frightening encounter with Akashi yesterday, you have kept a steady eye on him, your eyes scanning his actions from a distance.

There were some points where he would turn his head at your direction although you would swiftly turn your attention to a random object that was in the room, the most recent one was a toast during breakfast time.

There were also times where he had caught you looking at him and he would just gave you a cold death glare. It was actually really that much anticipated but it did made you think if there was something bothering Akashi of some sort.

Right now, you were both seated in the car, you trying your best not to tear your eyes away from a significant red fire hydrant while the car was in a stop probably waiting for the traffic light to change to green.

Though, human curiousity cannot be avoided.

From the corner of your eye, you took a quick glance at Akashi. He seems normal like the usual him. He's just glancing at the opposite window from where that fire hydrant was. Nothing seems to be off either.

You huffed quietly, fully turning your face to get an initial scan of some sort although once you did, you were greeted by another another cold spine-chiling glare that made you flinch in your seat and quickly turn away, regretting your actions.

There were no exchanges of words or even gestures for the whole ride even the slightest interaction you would like to interact with Akashi was stopped, choosing it would be better without talking to him.

There's probably a chance of receiving another North-Pole-like scowl from him again.

Finally after a few minutes, the car stops infront of the school. The chaffeur then moves out of his seat to open the door.

Usually, you were the one who would be going outisde although it seems that it today wouldn't be that day, for Akashi, quickly blocked the way with his hand, giving you a blabk expression before going out of the car first.

You huffed in confusion and followed suit, somehow trailing behind him with a truck-like gap.

Maybe he's just facing problems with the basketball team? Or with his bodyguards? Maybe he was just having a rough time? Or maybe it was because of global warming?

Or worst, is he thinking you're becoming a nuisance that he grew cold?

Perhaps there was something you had said? Numerous thoughts passed your mind, each giving you a slight pang against your beating heart.

Ever since yesterday, his actions made you worried and curious. His prescence grew cold towards you and of course like every person, it would make people like you think if you had done something wrong.

You stopped from walking, your eyes quickly trailing the form of Akashi who just continued on walking upstairs, clearly not giving a a care if you were following or not.

You frowned which was followed by a heavy sigh. You took a quick glance at another student's wristwatch, finding out it there was still time to roam around the hallways, completely lost in your thoughts.

You inhaled slowly before turning to a corner, clearly not the usual route you do every morning.

Captivated by your thoughts, you didn't notice that your feet had taken you to where most people choose to be at to think about their life choices and maybe their problems. Some even conclude their problems here as well but of course, you weren't here for that.

The Rooftop.

The cold morning wind slaps against your skin as you opened the door, your (h/c) dancing to the soft whistling hymn of the wind.

You closed your eyes and inhaled the wafting scent of trees, feeling the foresty aura despite of living in the city.

You reopened your eyes slowly, the bright daylight immediately filling your vision as you leaned against the cold silver railing, both arms propped up on it.

You shifted your weight onto your leg, finally taking notice of the beautiful dawn scenery infront of you. You gasped softly. Indeed it was a very spectacular and calming view.

Even though it was around 7 or so, the sky was still somehow tinted with a bright shade of orange against the blue horizons. Clouds were splattered at unsystematic places, having their own distinctive shapes and sizes although they still look like poorly shaped cotton candy.

The sun, that was being covered by clouds, somehow managed to peek out causing its rays to beautifully glisten at the tall skyscrapers not faraway fron the school.

You stared at the scenery at awe.

"If things like these were able to be sold, there's no doubt I'd be a millonaire." You said to yourself, a tone of admiration lingering your soft voice as your mind was now captivated by the scene.

You stood there simply, quietly admiring on how the clouds move at an exact slow pace against the sky, giving a way for the sun to shine brightly.

Now, you fully understand why most troubled people come to the rooftop. Besides of the quiet atmosphere it can bestow upon everyone for a time to think, the simple breathtaking scenery as well gives its own purpose. The purpose of allowing troubled people to take time to enjoy the scene, making them forget their problems even for a little why.

A loud sigh escaped your lips as you placed your chin on your open palm, eyes still concentrated towards the view.

Shifting your weight to the other leg, you stayed still in your place, not moving one bit as your eyes fluttered close, the cold soft wind brushing against you.

You were so captivated in your own loose thoughts that you had not noticed another person enter the rooftop.

"Um.. excuse me?"