Chapter 73

You stared at the younger girl, mouth slightly agape as you repeatedly turned to look back at Yato and then the girl who apparently was named, Akira.

"So, uh, Is she the important person?" You sheepishly asked, sliding next to the seat besides Yato, who passed you a cup of latte. Yato looked at you and nodded, his expression quite mixed with worriedness.

"Remember yesterday when you encountered Sonia?" You nodded, taking a small sip from the already warm coffee. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Here." Yato handed you a phone, covered with a vibrant shade of luminous green phone case as you furrowed your eyebrows at him.

"Is this Sonia's phone?" You asked, taking the average-sized phone from his hands as a video started playing. "Not really but just watch it."

The video was quite blurry due to the low number of megapixels the camera has. It was also night at that time, making somehow everything darker than it seems though it was still watchable. The video showed you and Sonia as you two fought.

You weren't actually shocked upon seeing a video about the fight considering in today's era, there is no doubt that no one will take a video of people fighting over for someone rather publicly.

You took another sip, watching intently at the video, eyebrows unconciously furrowed together. "It's just me and Sonia fighting. What about it besides the chance of that becoming viral?" You huffed, passing the phone back to Yato as you just grew bored on watching yourself fight with someone.

"No, wait. Let me fast forward it." Akira reached over the table, pressing the screen of the phone as it quickly fast forwarded. You looked at the phone with a disinterested look. It now shows the moment where Ichiro dragged you away, leaving Sonia, Sonia's unknown butler of some sort, and Megumi.

The three stood there for a moment, probably watching you getting pulled away from the pier and back home. After a few more seconds, Megumi approached Sonia, expecting your friend to slap the living daylights out of Sonia but you were wrong.

"Great job." You heard Megumi said, hand hugging Sonia as they both laughed. Your eyes grew wide, hands immediately flying over to your lips to suppress your gasp.

"She's a feisty one, Megumi-san." Sonia sighed, rubbing her cheek where you had slapped her as Megumi crossed her arms, chuckling.

"When can I stop doing your dirty work for you?" Sonia sighed, placing a hand on her hip. Your eyes widened once again, hands still clasped against your mouth as you continued to watch the video.

"Until (F/N) finally gives up and you could stop acting like a snotty brat. I just want Akashi."

"Just as long you still continue funding my father's surgery, I'm fine." Sonia sadly sighs.

"Of course. Come now, Katashi." Your, ex-friend, said as the chauffeur/butler that was next to Sonia, bowed and tailed after Megumi like a lost puppy, leaving Sonia standing there with still a few people still in a circle.

The video finally ends, the screen turning blank as it turned off. You were still left shocked. Thoughts swirled in your mind all at once, feeling so betrayed by that concerned friend who after all, was faking everything all this time.

You felt really guilty for what you've done to Sonia. As for Megumi, you don't know how you felt upon knowing that, making someone else do her work for her. Acting such an angel towards you and all that but why didn't she just tell you about this? Why couldn't she just be honest towards you?

You pinched the bridge of your nose, sighing as you fell back, now leaning against the leather seat as you closed your eyes, not saying a word.

"Same, (F/N)." You heard Yato say rather sympathetically. You opened your eyes with a frown etched on your lips.

"Yato-kun, I'm so sorry that Megumi just used you." You quietly mumbled, placing a hand on his shoulder as Yato chuckled, waving your hand off of his shoulder.

"Don't mind me, it's not that worse as getting betrayed, you know?" He chuckled once again.

"So, uh, (L/N)-senpai. What are you going to do?" Akira asked, picking up her phone from the palm of her male cousin as she tucked it back into her pockets. You stared at nothing for a moment, thinking of something to do about it.

You were mad, no, furious at Megumi for what she has done, all of your hatred from Sonia transferring to her in just one zap but of course, just because of that, that doesn't mean you're giving up. That doesn't mean you'll allow Megumi to get Akashi either.

"Meh, I'm continuing this battle." You said, picking up your cup of latte as you sipped on it quietly. Akira furrowed her eyebrows, confusion and curiosity washing her face as she looked at her cousin who explained in just a short explanation.

"They're fighting for the same guy so it's technically a battle." Yato scratched the back of his head as he said this as for Akira only nodded with her mouth in an 'o' shape.

"It's like the Battle of the Acts of something." Akira giggled, swirling the straw in her drink before taking a small sip.

"How come, Sakimaki-chan?" You asked, eyebrows furrowed at the younger girl.

"Well, Since that Megumi was acting like a loyal friend but apparently she was really the one who likes the guy and So... Sonu-... Sone-.. Sona..." Akira mumbled, unsure how to pronounce Sonia's name.

"I'll just call her Soy-Bean. Soy-Bean acted like she was all lovey-dovey with the guy but apparently not. He also told me you were acting you didn't really love that guy at first but now you're not and for me, that's good. I consider it to be an improvement, I guess?" The silver-haired girl laughed lightly, pointing at her cousin.

"Itoko (cousin, which is Yato) also told me your acting is terrible." She laughed as you glared at Yato, cheeks burning in embarrassment.

"And he also told me about that time back at first year about how you-"

"Alright, Akira! I think that's enough of storytelling!"

A/N:

Bwahahaha //gets slapped.

So now you all know what the title actually means. Doesn't really connect with grades and stuff. Just alot of people faking and acting. WHY MEGUMI WHY?

And also, school starts tomorrow and I'm still trying to control myself before I lose my sanity (I won't don't worry). Since school and all, I cannot guarantee if I can update with the same pattern but I will try my best to maintain the updates!

Also, I don't really know if it's 'Itoko', I'm just following what Yahoo! Answers say. ^u^ ily.