Chapter 60

"Come on, (F/N)-chan. It's time to go home." Megumi comfortingly says as she pats your back on your sulking form.

You just replied with a sad groan as you slowly got up from your chair and just walked out of the room.

Megumi sighs as she picks up your bag from the floor and placed all of your belongings inside of it, shoving your bag into Yato's arms before following after you.

"(F/N)-chan, cheer up, will 'ya?" Megumi asks, placing over a hand over your shoulder. You gave her sad and angry glare before shaking her hand off of your shoulder.

"Why would I cheer up? Seeing Sonia accomplish her 'step one to her beloved one's heart' is not a thing to easily move on for." You mumbled, fists clenching when an image of Sonia happily talking to him as Akashi actually listened quite interestingly in burned at the back of your mind.

You pinched the bridge of your nose, a sigh of frustratedness followed by as you continued going hurriedly down the stairs, not even really caring about the two people accompanying you as of now.

You heard Megumi huff and sigh as well. There was a long silence on the walk back to the entrance of the school. The silence was then cut off by a loud cheerful giggle and you quickly turned your head to where it came from.

And of course...

It was just Sonia with Akashi... again.

You felt a pained scowl form on your face, yout heart crashing into bits of dusts. Megumi stops walking as well, turning her head to where it came from as her lips formed an 'o' shape.

Megumi actually feeling you had enough moments of your poor kokoro shattering to pieces, she quickly took you by the hand and guided you out of the campus as quickly as possible.

Maybe after a dozen blocks away from the school, this is where you broke down into tears, right against Megumi's shoulder.

Being a good friend she was, she allowed you to drench her uniform sleeve with your undeniably sad and pained tears.

"Why is this happening to me?! All I'm doing is loving someone but why am I facing this consequences?!" You sobbed as she hugged you, slowly rocking you from right to left in an attempt to lessen your sobbing.

"Maybe you should talk to your brother abo-"

"No! He already made it worse and I'm not going to triple it! He's the reason why I'm not allowed to go near him anymore!"

"Ah- well, why didn't you just said to the girl, whatever her name was, that Akashi is yours and probably you wouldn't be feeling like... this."

"I-I can't. I couldn't." You bit your lower lip quite harshly as tears still continiously cascaded down your cheeks.

"So-Sonia... she's really kind and sweet and if you were me, you could really see and tell how she likes Akashi and I didn't want to break her heart!"

"And now you're breaking your own for the sake of someone you just recently met?"

Her words strucked upon you like lightning causing you to cry harder than ever before as Megumi just sighed, glancing over to Yato who was just watching from a distance.

She again, enveloped you into a hug, drawing little soothing shapes on your back, patting it as well from time to time.

When you cries finally faltered, the pain in your heart was still present but not as harsh as before.

"You okay now?" Yato asks, slowly approaching both of you and Megumi.

"Not much..." You gave Yato a small tiny smile but this smile wasn't fake nor sad, it was purely genuine.

"There you go!" Yato chuckles, giving you a hard pat behind your back as you yelped in pain.

"Why don't we all get ice cream? Does that sound good to you, (F/N)-chan?" Megumi asks as you were about to decline and rather go home, Megumi takes a hold of your hand and just sprints to anywhere her feet took her to, you trying to catch up with her but failing miserably.

You three all arrived in the square. Alot of children were playing and adults supervising their younglings were there.

The trees,shrubs, and flowers were all blooming beautifully considering the all awaited Spring is here.

Though you couldn't help but frown, seeing happy couples around the park just made you think that, 'That could be us.'

The bell of the ice cream parlor rings through your ears as Megumi, who was still pulling you by the hand, walks over to a table.

"So, what would you like?" Megumi asks, sitting across from you as Yato placed your and his bag on the empty space besides Megumi.

"To go home." You quickly replied, glancing over to a sweet couple having a small picnic right outside the glass panes of the shop.

Megumi looks at where you were looking at and quickly smacks your forehead painfully.

"Ow! What was that fo-"

"Could you just put that aside from now and just enjoy an hour eating ice cream? It's your reward after all." Megumi smiles and chuckles as you furrowed your eyebrows at her.

"My reward? What for?" You asked, leaning against the chair you sat on with crossed arms.

"For being so brave to finally let the pain, you bottled up, fall out, you dummy." Megumi chuckles again before standing from where she sat and went over the counter to order even though she didn't get what flavor you wanted.

You sighed and propped both of your arms up on the newly cleaned table, the scent of windex making you cringe slightly but you couldn't careless.

After a few minutes, Megumi and Yato came back with the ice cream. Yato placed a large bucket of (favorite ice cream flavor) infront of you as you felt a spark of happiness tingle inside of you.

"How much does this cost?" You asked, reaching over to get your wallet fron your bag right across the table as Megumi stopped you.

"No need to pay us, rather no need to pay Yato since this is your reward."

"Bu-"

"Reward."

You sighed and just nodded, immediately digging into the sweet and milky taste of (flavor).

You ate silently as the two chatted with eachother. You looked outside of the glass panes again, seeing that dark gray clouds covered the supposedly orange-tinted afternoon sky.

Little pats of water fell against the glass and little by little, the rain started to pour harshly. You witnessed alot of people in the patk hurriedly pack up and went to anywhere to take for shelter.

The bell of the ice cream parlor rings again and humab curiousity can never be beaten as you turned around to look at who entered.

Your eye quickly twitched, turning back around as you ate the ice cream while also sulking in the same time.

"Huh? What's wrong, (L/N)-san? Don't you like the taste of your ice cream?" Yato asked as you shook your head grumpily, a frown plasteres on your lips as you ate a scoop of it.

With the use of your silver spoon, you pointed behind your back as Yato and Megumi turned to look at it.

"It's Sonia."

Just Sonia, don't worry.