The dark

"Goodnight Dream!" George called from his room.
Dream decided to visit him in the UK because georges visa hadn't been approved yet. The two had only just met up that day, so it was awkward at first. But the tension eventually cleared. No it wasn't perfect, but it was just a bit of anxiety from the all build of to this moment.  Sadly, Dream had to sleep on the couch, as George didn't have a guest room.

George laid down on his bed preparing himself to enter the world of sleep. The pillows were soft, and the blanket was warm and cozy. The brunette closed his eyes and let himself forget about everything. His only goal was to finally get some rest from the eventful day he had with dream.

They had gone shopping, and even went out for dinner on their way back. George was utterly exhausted from the outing. And so, the Brit fell asleep. Finally getting well deserved rest.
————-
He felt his body shake. Weird? Thinking it was from the air conditioning, he laid still. As he was about to fall back asleep, he felt his body shake again; This time, waking him up. George looked over and saw none other than Dream.  Holding his pillow. Even in the unlit room, he could tell he was just staring at him.
"George...?"
"Mmmm" he said tiredly
"Can I uh.. lay with you.."
"What, why? Go back to bed"
"Please George.." the blonde said, his voice filled with stress.
"Um.. alright then?"
George pulled the covers up, gesturing for Dream to get in beside him. Dream on the other hand, did not understand the obvious 'laying beside' aspect of it. So, he laid directly on top of george. His head resting on his chest, and their legs intertwined. George was taken back it this and was a little concerned. He wasn't a fan of 'cuddling with the homies'

so it made him feel a bit uncomfortable. George looked at the clock that blared an annoying red light, which indicated where the numbers were. '2:33 am'
God. Why now? Why did Dream have to be so Cingy all of a sudden? Could this not if waited until morning?
Just as the brunette was about to ask why the fuck dream had to lay with him randomly at 2:30Am, he noticed that his shirt was slightly damp from where dreams face was.
Dream was crying.
"..dream?"

When he got no response he looked down to see Dream holding onto his shirt. The younger was sniffling, and letting out chocked sobs.
"Dream what's wrong? Are you ..uh okay"
"I-I- ..no... there was a ..uh.. a-and it ..was..dark" Dream tried to explain as he was just trying to calm himself.
"Woah, calm down, it's okay" George said trying his best to calm him.
"You said something about the dark?"
Dream only nodded and hugged George tighter. The older had never seen him like this. He had never once seen dream freak out so much over something so small. It was just the dark after all.

Then he thought about it. Dream was in a foreign country, surrounded in complete darkness, the only light near the couch that stayed on at night was the microwave clock, and it was a huge change for him. He had been having a panic attack on the couch by himself for who knows how long.
"Why didn't you tell me you don't like the dark?"
Dream managed to mumble "I thought you would make fun of me, I'm 22 and scared of the dark"

" I wouldn't make fun of you, I'd give you a flashlight or something." George said while playing with a piece of dream hair.
Maybe it was George saying it was going to be okay, or the feeling of butterflies in his stomach when he twirled his hair, but dream was passed out. He too was exhausted after flying hours to get here, walking around all day, then bawling on his best friends couch. But sleep Overtook him.
When George realized dream was sleeping he joined him. Both drifting off into their own minds.
——————-
Short chapter sry lol
Words : 695