Mistakes

Prompt: (requested) Dreams past partner made him think that if he does anything wrong, then people will leave him

Word count: 1281
(Slightly rushed I'm sry)
—————————————————————

George and Dream had been dating for about nine months, and George was starting to notice things about his boyfriend.
Dream was a paranoid wreck; at some points.
He was constantly stressing about George falling out of love with him.

The reason for this was his ex boyfriend Luke.
Luke never actually showed Dream any real love. Never sweet kisses before falling asleep, watching movies together after dinner, or even saying the words.

The words that meant so much to dream.

In fact, dreams love language was words of affirmation. The blonde constantly wishing for Luke to say the three words that sent him to see stars.

"I love you"

The entire time Dream dated Luke, he had only said it once. Not even seriously. He had laughed while saying the syllables.

Dream had been manipulated, and turned indifferent. He wasn't his old self after breaking up with Luke.

He was no longer bubbly, or giddy. And his happy verbal stimmimg sounds, turned into fidgety nervous ones.

That particular change made George upset. He missed nothing more, to hear dream make little "brrr" sounds with his Lips, when he was content. The brunette not knowing how endearing it was, until it was gone.

Dreams whole personality, had chipped off in places.

Of course, as time passed, Dream slowly came back. His real adoring personality showing more. He wasn't afraid to be too loud around George, he'd stopped asking if it was okay to hold his hand, and had started playfully teasing the brunette.

The kind of love they both wished for.

George loved how his best friend, and lover, were shining through the shell Luke created.

Dream always had a sinking feeling. A feeling that George had been fake loving him. Yet, for some reason, trusted George more than anyone.

George had noticed dreams Paranoia. He'd try and cover up everything he did. Whether it be leaving crumbs on the counter, spilling water, or even just sleeping too long.

It was never a big deal, but George couldn't help but feel how Dream became shaky, and fidgety after doing something 'wrong'.

Dream was under the impression that George would leave him if he messed up. It caused him to constantly worry, and check for any mistakes. Only hoping he'd somehow become perfect for him.
——

Dream was missing George. His current boyfriend, was out buying some groceries.
George had been the best partner Dream ever had. The brunette was kind, and very thoughtful when it came to words. Always having a way of making dream feel special.

The bar for affection was so low, George had brought the blonde a glass of water, and Dream was over the moon.

The simple gestures making dreams heart flutter, and butterflies erupt in him. It had been forever since a partner showed him love.  It was always the other way around.