"You're so handsome, honey."

Prompt: (Requested) insecure Dream at the beach

I hope you all are doing well :]

Words: 2287
————————————————-

Dream loved Florida. He adored the weather, the cities near by, his proximity to his friends, and his house.

One of the things he loved about his house was that it had a pool. He loved swimming, so it was very helpful.

That was until George moved in.

It wasn't specifically George's fault, it was just him adjusting to having him in the house.

He wanted to spend as much time as he could with George and Sapnap. He spent less time cooking and eating healthy than he had before.

He was eating more fast food, and buying more microwave dinners. In the months since George moved in, Dream had noticed his body changing.

His thighs had gotten more wobbly, along with a soft pudge of tummy replacing lean muscle. He wasn't as strong as he was before, and his face was beginning to fill out.

He couldn't help but compare himself to his boyfriend, or his other friends.

Sapnap had a sharp jawline. Karl had a toned V-line. George didn't have a double chin, even when he looked down.
All he had was a tummy that poked over his jeans.

It wasn't fair.

George had been eating the same as him, if not more, but he couldn't keep the weight off like George could.

So when he went to put his swimsuit on, Dream grimaced at how it was snug around his waist. Poking into his hips slightly.

He'd promised George, karl, and Sapnap he'd go to the beach. He didn't take into consideration that he'd have to wear a swimsuit.

He was a guy. It was stereotypical for him to take his shirt off.
Which wasn't something he was even considering.

He brought one of his shirts to wear in the water. Hoping they wouldn't point it out.

As he laid his towel on the hot sand, he smiled at seeing karl and Sapnap. They were chasing each other around. Trying to hit each other with their towels.

George was sat beside him on his own towel. Putting on sunscreen. Babbling to dream about his random thoughts.

"Can you help me?" George asked kindly. Handing Dream the bottle of sunscreen.

Nodding happily, Dream began to apply the sunscreen on George's back. Telling George how pretty he was while doing so.

"You're so big, it'd take this whole bottle to keep you from getting sunburnt," He joked sarcastically.

George was referring to how tall he was. His broad shoulders, and huge hands.
Given the context, it was obvious.

But in dreams mind, it meant he was fat. Dreams brain only registering george referring to him as 'big'.

He wanted to burst into tears. George had definitely noticed he'd put on extra weight. There's no way he couldn't have.

But he was interrupted from his thoughts when george stood up. Grabbing his hand, and pulling him towards the water.

"I wanna swim!! Come on," George whined. Beginning to guide Dream towards the water.

Dream smiled at seeing his his boyfriend so excited. Bouncing on his heels, and pulling on dreams hands.