Why won't you see me?

Prompt: (requested) George ignoring Dream as a prank

Pay attention to detail so the final sentence makes sense 🙏🙏

Words: 2977
———————————————-

When George first decided to do this 'prank' he wasn't expecting anything out of it. He just wanted to see what would happen.

He didn't think long enough to realize how awful of an idea it was.

Ignoring Dream for twenty-four hours. It was a stupid idea, but it seemed harmless at the time. It was only a day, and he thought Dream would be okay.

He didn't know his boyfriend was having the worst day of his life, while he ignored him.

Dream woke up around ten-thirty. He could hear wind blowing the trees around, and rain begin to putter down the window.

He loved rainy weather. Always loving the sound of the water hitting the ground, or driving with raindrops rolling down his windshield.

He nuzzled his face into the warmth that was close to him. Getting ready to doze back off for a bit, as he still felt sleepy.

He loved the morning. His mornings were extremely domestic considering he wasn't married.

George usually smothered him with hugs, even while he slept. He was used to waking up and being face first in George's chest, or tucked away in fluffy brunette hair.

George also pampered him with kisses. Sometimes he'd wake up to George giving light kisses on his nose, or on his forehead. It was probably his favourite way to wake up.

He also liked it when George would leave hickies on the back of his neck, or in places he wouldn't see until later. Making him smile when he would eventually see them. The thought of George pressing love onto him while he slept gave him butterflies. Especially since the brunette was always so delicate with him.

So when nuzzled his face into the warmth, he was surprised to not feel George immediately pull him closer.

He lifted his head to push George awake. Wanting the other to wake up and give him attention.

He was so foggy from sleep, that he didn't even notice a strike of thunder in the far distance.

It was only a few moments later when he realized he wasn't hugging George. He was cuddling into a pillow.

He wondered if George got up early to get coffee. He didn't like coffee, so sometimes the brunette would bring him tea, or hot chocolate.

Dream knew George treated him like a princess. But he did his best to make George feel loved by him all the time.

He cherished George more than anything.

He reached for his nightstand. Feeling for his phone before rolling over into the thick blankets.

His eyes widened at the amount of twitter notifications.

Countless posts and threads surrounding random lies made up about him. Accusing him of anything and everything.

He wondered why it had become so normal to hate on him. He couldn't understand what he did to deserve it.

The never ending curses against him hurt. He didn't want to see that. Especially since he just woke up.

His heart squeezed at a certain thread. Someone nitpicking his entire personality, and the way he acted.

They blamed him for things he didn't do, and things he had nothing to with. He just couldn't comprehend why the internet could be so mean to him.