"I said I was sorry"

Prompt: (requested) aftershocks of an argument + undiagnosed mental disorder

alexithymia - extreme difficulty, or struggle to understand others/own emotions.
*This is actually very Common, so Theres a decent chance you may also have this*

Words: 2989 (long oml)
—————————————————————-
One hour. That's all it had been.

Dream and George got into a bad fight. A Very very bad fight. One of the ones where one person has to get some air, or be away from the other person for a bit.

The cause of this particular argument was among many reasons.
Dream wanting to know if George was really in it for the long run, and George refusing to tighten their bond.

Dream was in the place where he was considering asking George to be his husband, but George wasn't there yet.
Which he respected, but the way George had said it hurt his heart so badly. The harsh words used against him were painful.

It wasn't just George in the wrong, as Dream was having trouble with understanding that george wasn't in the same place as him.
It was just pitiful to know george didn't love him as much as he did.

But he wasn't going to let it get to him. Dream was determined to get george to forgive him.

He hated how he had so much trouble understanding other people. He didn't do it purposely, but it was just hard for him. Often causing unnecessary fights.

He just needed time to grasp the whole picture, and then he'd be fine. He'd apologize, and try and learn from it.

When dream took the time to think about the situation, he realized he was in the wrong. He hated himself for not being able to comprehend what George was trying to tell him until after they'd both stormed off in rage.

It was fine george wasn't ready to get married. It was his boundaries, and Dream was in no place to push them. George could do that when he was ready.

He sighed when he understood how upset George must be. As the other had never tried to push his boundaries before.

In hopes of forgiveness, Dream stumbled to his closet. Reaching into the back of it to pull out a bath bomb he'd bought for George only days ago.

He hoped George would be willing to have a bath with him, and they could talk it out. Their closeness in a bath making themselves more vulnerable and open.

He feet trailed over the carpet, and to the hallway. Stopping at George's doorframe, which was surprisingly still open.

He knocked the wall, as George stood up from his desk chair. Walking across the darkish room, and to see his boyfriend standing at the door.

George groaned, knowing he'd have to speak with Dream. Who was last person he wanted to talk too at the moment.

Dream weakly smiled and held out the bath bomb. Gesturing for George to take, which he didn't.

"Do you want to have a bath and talk?" Dream asked quietly. A hopeful pout on his lips.

"No."

And just like that, the door was slammed shut. Dream being startled by the force.

Maybe George just needed some time. Surely he was still cooling off.
So he waited.

He waited a full day. Keeping himself busy by playing mincecraft by himself, watching tv, and even editing a video. Specifically for George.

He sent George the file containing the video. Hoping to hear any presence of his boyfriend, as george was avoiding him.
The files description was only '<3'. He hoped that was an indication to george that he was still desperately in love with him.