Baths and Cuddles

Prompt: (requested) George taking care of Dream after prison

*MC AU but it's kinda not*

I wasn't sure if they were dating in the actual lore, but they are for this chapter

Cw: mentions of torture
Words: 2326
—————————————————-

"Morning," George cooed softly. Gently running his hands through dreams hair.

Dream had gotten home last night. He was far too exhausted to do anything, and practically fell asleep standing up.

George had brought him water, and food but the other was too tired to even touch it. Drifting into sleep as soon as his head hit the pillow of George's bed.

George didn't want to make Dream feel startled, so he slept on the couch. Giving the other some personal space.

Bleary eyes opened, and George's face softened when he saw Dream flinch from his touch.

"Sorry," he started. Taking a few steps back as Dream sat up in the bed. "Wanna bath?"

Dream gave him a hesitant look. Being slow to trust him.

"Come on honey, you'll feel a lot better," George explained. Grabbing a towel he'd set out for Dream.

Not to be mean, but Dream desperately needed a bath. After being stuck in a prison with barely enough water for him to drink, he smelt awful.

"I'll put some nice bubbles in it?" George said. "Maybe even light some candles?"

Looking at George timidly, Dream attempted to get out of bed. His muscles sore, and hurting.

"Okay," he babbled.

Sighing in relief, George began to show dream where the bathroom was.

Holding the door open, George awed at Dream tensing at having to walk past him. It made him sad to know he hadn't fully gained his trust, but understood.
Dream would relax around him eventually, there was no rush.

"Is it okay if I stay?" George asked nicely. Watching dream fiddle with his fingers. "It's okay if you want some space, I won't be upset,"

Dream looked back and fourth from George and the bath. Obviously having a hard time deciding.

Noticing George thought for a moment. "Would it make you feel better if I took some of my clothes off too? So you're not the only one naked?"

Dream immediately nodded to that. Making them equal.

"Okay lovely," George grinned. "Why don't you start getting in?"

For the first time since he took Dream from prison, Dream smiled. A real smile that showed he was getting comfortable.

George's stomach fluttered knowing he caused that.
Beginning to undress, george sighed contently.

He turned to light the candle. He left his boxers on in order to not get cold, but dream didn't seem to mind.

He heard the water moving, indicating he sat in it.
When George turned back around, he grimaced at all the scars on his boyfriend.

There were cuts and bruises covering his body. George felt enraged someone did that to his boyfriend. Feeling immense amounts of protectiveness crash through him.

Wincing at the water in the cuts, Dream made a soft little sound. George hearing the sound and immediately went to his side. Leaning over the bath, and slowly reaching to rub his shoulder.