"Later,"

Prompt: (requested) workaholic george

The amount of apologies George has done in this book is crazy 😭

Words: 3048
————————————————-

Dream was buzzing in excitement. Hurriedly grabbing the popcorn maker, and kernels.

George was going to watch a movie with him. Which meant meant he'd get cuddles, and kisses from his boyfriend.

It was less about the movie, and more about the closeness of each other.
Dream especially loved when George would hold his hand during the movie. Squeezing it when he was scared.

He'd been looking forward to the movie all day. Taking time to stack the couch with pillows and blankets. Creating a bed with it all, even when he knew he'd end up laying on George.

He wanted to feel the fabric of George's shirt, and nuzzle his face into his neck. Or feel George's lips press against his own.

When he finished with the popcorn, he began to make his way to the movie room. A feeling of glee in heart. Excited to lay with George.

He found his favourite movie, and rested back into the couch. Waiting to eat the popcorn until George joined.

He waited hopefully as he knew George would be coming down from his room any moment.

Patches was resting on the couch with him, also awaiting George. Hoping to get some pets from the two of them.

Minutes passed and Dream was getting impatient. George was supposed to be sitting with him twenty minutes ago.

Getting up, Dream stumbled to George's bedroom. Wondering what was keeping his boyfriend from spending time with him.

When he got to his room he was surprised to see George on his computer. Headphones in, and talking to someone.

Surely he was almost done on the phone. They were supposed to watch movies.

"What are you up to?" Dream asked playfully. Going to sit down on George's bed. Maybe George wanted to watch the movie in his room instead?

George mumbled something to the person on the call and turned his attention towards Dream.

"What's up hun?" George asked innocently.

Dream was confused, as George had promised to watch movies with him.
"When do you want to watch the movie?" He asked.

George bit his lip, and thought for a moment. Tapping the desk as he tried to come up with an answer.
"Can we just watch it tomorrow? I'm not in the mood" he groaned dismissively.

Dream tried to hide the genuine disappointment on his face, because he really had been looking forward to it.

"Oh, that's okay," he smiled. Getting ready to bring the pillows he'd put on the couch back to his bed.

"Thanks Babe, I'll be in to cuddle later," George said while putting his headphones back on.

Dream simply stared at the back of his head for a few moments, before finally leaving. Wondering if he was being dramatic for being as upset as he was.

He loved spending time with George. It was probably something he enjoyed more then anything.

Grabbing patches, he brought her to his room. Sitting down with her and pulling out his laptop.
He still wanted to watch the movie, but it wasn't the same without George.

He couldn't really enjoy it. Not when he couldn't feel George's hands running through his hair, or squeezing him closer.

When the movie eventually did end, dream felt so extremely lonely.
Knowing George was going to come and lay with him eventually, was the only thing keeping him together.