Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia: fear of the dark
Prompt: read the title

Cw: mention of abuse
Words: 1608
———————————————-

"No thanks, I don't drink" dream smiled. George nodded, and handed the bottle to another person.

George drank, but never too much. Especially since he didn't want to be black out drunk, when dream was completely sober.
That would be embarrassing.

Dream walked with George back to living room of the unfamiliar house.
The two were at a party. They had been in college together for months now, and decided today was the day they'd have some fun.
Talking a break from mountains of schoolwork and stress, to wind down with some fellow students.

The people at the party laughed, and spoke loudly. Music booming in the background, while George tried to override it.

Dream talked to the friends he knew, and laughed with some of them. Always keeping an eye on George, just to make sure nobody was making his boyfriend uncomfortable.

Complaining about classes, and eating awful party food, Dream was getting tired. He'd been there at least three hours, and was getting tired. George also was, so they had agreed to leave at a relatively decent hours.

George was getting bored, and Dream was basically falling asleep. Their social batteries being drained from the many hours, and people they talked to.

"I'm going to get another drink, I'll be right back" George said, before leaving to the kitchen.

Dream listened, and occasionally added to the conversation. The people there finding Dream to be funny, and welcoming.

Suddenly, a boy dream recognized came up to him. His name was Roger, and He was Notorious for hating dream. sabotaging him when he was given a chance.

Dream frowned upon seeing his presence, knowing something awful was about to happen.

"So, Clay" he said while dragging out his name.

"Don't call me that" Dream groaned. Getting ready to prepare himself for whatever was about to happen.

"Sorry Dream-" Roger giggled. Clearly making fun of his name. "I heard a rumour, that you're a bit of a pussy"

Dream cocked his brow, and stared blankly. Not expecting such accusation.

"Yeah, man. Heard you were scared of the dark?" Roger snickered.

Dreams face ran slightly pale. Wondering how that secret even got out. Not being very fond of Roger admitting it to a room full of college students.

Gulping dream noticed Roger getting closer to him. An evil look in his eyes.
"Aw poor, Clay. Don't be scared~"

Roger grabbed both of dreams wrists. Being way stronger and bigger than Dream. Meaning the blond had no chance to escape.

"What the fuck- get off me!" Dream shouted, as Roger forced him to walk to a nearby closet.

Roger laughed, while the other students chuckled. All getting ready to see what was about to happen.

Dream watched in horror as he saw the wooden closet door become closer and closer. Rogers grip on his wrists tightening, as forcefully shoved Dream into it.
The blond looked back at him, and began to shake. Making a loud thud as he was pushed into the small room.

He tried to get out, But being forced back in. The door slammed shut, and the room became pitch black. He could only see the light under the doorway.

His heart picked up as horrible memories of the dark came rushing back. Forcing his heart to beat out of his chest.